Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 03:36 PM

Re: Oh No! Bowel Screening...

Irene, it's not something any of us like to do but tell yourself it could be a life saver and you have been given the chance of an early diagnosis should the worse result occur.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 04:49 PM

I did mine a few weeks ago. Got the All Clear letter yesterday.

Wouldn't dream of moaning about it - I'm very thankful there is such a thing.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Irene ->
I have just received a letter telling me to expect the 'kit' for the Bowel Cancer Screening in a couple of weeks!

Not the best subject to think, let alone talk about.

YUK! I hate doing it...
Don't be silly!

If you can wipe your bottom, and I'm sure you do that regularly, you can take a few samples.

Look at it this way: it could save your life.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 07:52 PM

I have just received a letter telling me to expect the 'kit' for the Bowel Cancer Screening in a couple of weeks!

YUK! I hate doing it...
Done it twice all clear.

15 years ago had symtioms of IBS and over a year in screening doctors and consultants

was declared all clear.

Much better way of founding out if you have bowel cancer as this takes about two weeks

If you have got it you have it.
Irene
Stafford, England
Irene is female  Irene has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 09:26 PM

Thanks for all the advice, but I have no intention of not completing the screening. I have done it every time the 'kit' has been sent.

I have too many other problems and health issues to ignore it. I would never miss or dismiss an opportunity to identify any threat at the earliest moment.

...But I don't look forward to the process.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 10:54 PM

Thanks for all the advice, but I have no intention of not completing the screening. I have done it every time the 'kit' has been sent.

I have too many other problems and health issues to ignore it. I would never miss or dismiss an opportunity to identify any threat at the earliest moment.

...But I don't look forward to the process.

I know what you mean Irene. I always do it but can't say I look forward to it exactly.
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:24 PM

YUK! I hate doing it...
I've never taken them up on the offer. What exactly is the problem "doing it"?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->

I don't understand that?
You must have a problem with 'doing it' or else you wouldn't keep declining the test. We all do it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
There isn't one!
DaveA
Massachusetts, US
DaveA is male  DaveA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 02:35 AM

Because of a family history of bowel cancer (it took my mom at 65) I started with the colonoscopies at 55. Had 4, at 5 year intervals and after the last one at 75, the doc said no need for anymore. I guess they see you as nearing "checkout time" and whether you find out or not, at that age it'll make little difference. I've lasted another 7 years, at this point and that, at least, hasn't been a problem.

But looking back, I'm glad that I had the series of test, because at a younger age, it would be a shame to leave it undetected.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top