Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 09:25 PM

Raw Milk

Went out at the weekend to a local Garden Centre/Farm shop and discovered that since the start of the year they have been selling Raw Milk from their herd of pedigree cows !

Fantastic news for me as up to this point my nearest raw milk dairy was about a 30 min drive away and thus not very convenient.

We all need to get back to drinking raw milk because the crap in the supermarkets is devoid of all nutritional elements and is essentially nuked to hell and back. All the myths about milk being good for teeth and bones and all the rest is really BS unless it is proper milk.

Any other raw milk drinkers out there?
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 09:35 PM

Re: Raw Milk

I would not drink raw milk - I would be too concerned about the risk of TB.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 09:44 PM

When I lived on a farm with a prize Jersey herd, raw milk every day, twice a day. Macaroni pudding with Jersey full cream milk - mmmmmm
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2017, 09:59 PM

I only ever had my goats milk for over 20 years.
In those days I could sell it unpasteurised at the farm gate.
All my pups were reared on it for years. Also people used to buy it who couldn't drink cows milk.

It was very strange when the last goat went and I had to start buying in cows milk again. That took some getting used to.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 04:17 AM

No latte sipping raw milk loonies here mate.

These harmful bacteria have caused outbreaks and disease associated with the consumption of raw milk in many countries. Data from the United States indicates that over a 13 year period to 2011, there were 2,384 illnesses, 284 hospitalisations and two deaths associated with the consumption of raw milk.

In Australia, raw milk contaminated by bacteria such as Campylobacter and Salmonella caused at least nine outbreaks of disease between 1997 and 2008, leading to 117 cases of illness.

Heating milk to 72'C for 15 secs does no damage to it whatsoever.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 07:14 AM

No one should be drinking raw milk unless you are a calf .
Grown ups shouldn't be drinking milk at all!
Humans seem to have this unhealthy obsession with drinking milk .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 07:33 AM

I really don't like milk of any kind.
I use about a pint a week for cups of tea, with very little milk, and occasionally use it to make white sauces........ Otherwise I wouldn't miss it and I would never drink unpasteurized milk.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
I agree with you Muddy, we are the only mammals that drink milk after infancy. I never drank the third of a pint bottles at Infant school, in fact I've never drank a glass of milk in my life.. No-one in my family drinks milk either.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 08:35 AM

As kids we lived opposite Mr Jones farm , we would pick up the bottles from the step and the milk was still warm , real milk , no extra stuff , real cows fresh milk .

We never got sick , we never thought anything other than how nice the milk was , it never occurred to us that there may be bugs and germs and whatever in the milk , it was real .

There isn't a farm near me now Realist , if there was I'd go and buy my pint of milk there
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2017, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

That is true Muddy, I agree.
We don't need milk once we are weaned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top