Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 04:14 PM

A glimmer of sense

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0615b9e8f12ae

Staggering economy, out of touch leadership, investment way down, productivity even lower, pound sinking, prices rising, wages lowering relatively, social spending tanked, NHS crumbling, teachers steering away from teaching and banks moving out.

Maybe somehow the people will wake up, realise the promises were impossible and demand a change of direction. I really really hope so for your sakes.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 04:19 PM

Re: A glimmer of sense

We aren't out yet, and that poll is fixed it doesn't record anything if you vote out no matter what.

It's not about money, I'm not sure how many times you need to hear that before you understand. We want to be our own people not part of United States of Europe. We want controlled immigration not a free for all. We want freedom to run our country his we wish.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2017, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We aren't out yet, and that poll is fixed it doesn't record anything if you vote out no matter what.

It's not about money, I'm not sure how many times you need to hear that before you understand. We want to be our own people not part of United States of Europe. We want controlled immigration not a free for all. We want freedom to run our country his we wish.

Hi

I agree Julie.

With regards to Immigration, most Immigration is not from the EU, so ne need to wait.

Cut it by 50% now and whilst we are at it, deport the 600,000 or so illegals we know are here straight away.

No more abuse of the Human Rights System, they did not apply for Asylum immediately, so they have no rights to Asylum.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Cut it by 50% now and whilst we are at it, deport the 600,000 or so illegals we know are here straight away.

No more abuse of the Human Rights System, they did not apply for Asylum immediately, so they have no rights to Asylum.
I've never understood what the bogus refugee issue has to do with our membership of the EU. People come here from all over the World. They will continue to do so. We have always had the right to control their processing and deport them if they are not genuine - or have we not?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

It's not about money, I'm not sure how many times you need to hear that before you understand.
It's different things to different people. That's something that has not hit home yet. Some voted because they object to the amount we pay in and thought that funding would be available for other things.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I've never understood what the bogus refugee issue has to do with our membership of the EU. People come here from all over the World. They will continue to do so. We have always had the right to control their processing and deport them if they are not genuine - or have we not?
Hi

Yes, you are 100% right.

We do have control of our Borders, we chose not to do so.

It has naff all to do with the EU.

It is a simple lie by our Politicians, in particular Theresa May, she was Home Secretary since 2010 and has not only not controlled our Borders, she has quite cynically and deliberately reduced Border Controls.

There is no other word for this, she is a liar

Not only in respect of Non EU Nationals, but also in respect of EU Nationals.

We have an absolute right to refuse entry to EU residents who are Criminals.

Other EU Countries do this as a matter of course, the UK do not.

France is a similar size Economy to the UK, there are 3 times as many Eastern European Migrants in the UK than in France.

Same rules as the UK.

They use the rules, the UK does not.

France does not pay Child Benefit for children living abroad.

Under Section L. 512-1 of the Social Security Code, "any French or foreign person residing in France with one or more dependent children also residing in France, is entitled to family benefits for those children".

The UK does, it is entirely our own choice to do so.

Every other EU Country charges the full costs of Medical Treatment, plus admin charges, to EU Citizens living in their Country.

The UK chooses not to, that costs us in excess of £5 Billion a year.

We have absolutely no need to leave the EU to do any of this.

You are being lied to big time.

Many reasons to leave, but not immigration, not Benefits, nor the NHS.

If that is why you voted to leave, you were conned big time.

I voted leave simply because I will not be ruled by someone I have not voted for.

Anyone who thinks that we will save money or take back control of our Borders is living in Cloud Cuckoo Land.

Theresa May refused point blank to control our Borders, in fact she relaxed Border Controls when she was Home Secretary.

She is still cutting Border Control and Immigration Control Funding.

A leopard does not change it's spots.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b0615b9e8f12ae

Staggering economy, out of touch leadership, investment way down, productivity even lower, pound sinking, prices rising, wages lowering relatively, social spending tanked, NHS crumbling, teachers steering away from teaching and banks moving out.

Maybe somehow the people will wake up, realise the promises were impossible and demand a change of direction. I really really hope so for your sakes.
I think that we are all aware of the massive damage being done by the remainers who would sink the wishes of the democratic voters without a care in the world for the cost.

They're still at it and, apparently seeking the means to drag it all out for years to come.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

07-07-2017, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I think that we are all aware of the massive damage being done by the remainers who would sink the wishes of the democratic voters without a care in the world for the cost.

They're still at it and, apparently seeking the means to drag it all out for years to come.
Hi

You still don't get it do you?

The enormous cost is leaving without a deal.

Since 1992 we use EU Systems to collect Tariffs, when we leave, we need our own.

We do not have one.

We will need an additional 5000 Customs Officers to collect Tariffs, we have not started to recruit or train a single one.

We do not have the facilities at airports and seaports to check incoming EU Goods and EU Visitors.

When we leave, we lose not only the Single Market, but every single Trade Agreement we had with the rest of the World as part of the EU.

We start from scratch again.

We are less than 2 years away from leaving and have still done naff all.

I want to leave, but we should have had all these things in place, we haven't so it will cost us far more than it should have.

All avoidable.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

You still don't get it do you?

The enormous cost is leaving without a deal.

Since 1992 we use EU Systems to collect Tariffs, when we leave, we need our own.

We do not have one.

We will need an additional 5000 Customs Officers to collect Tariffs, we have not started to recruit or train a single one.

We do not have the facilities at airports and seaports to check incoming EU Goods and EU Visitors.

When we leave, we lose not only the Single Market, but every single Trade Agreement we had with the rest of the World as part of the EU.

We start from scratch again.

We are less than 2 years away from leaving and have still done naff all.

I want to leave, but we should have had all these things in place, we haven't so it will cost us far more than it should have.

All avoidable.
I do get it.

However, all of the remainer interactions are certainly deflecting the government from getting on with the job.

I'm not defending all of their actions, but it is clear that all the various Court cases, the amendment tricks, the blocking of votes, the media input, et cetera, must be having a huge impact on our ability to plan anything at all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 10:06 AM

I know intellectually that we have more immigrants from out side Eu, but it's eu workers I'm competing against, and I know three Pakistani chaps came in through Europe, they got passports in Italy I believe and came in as Eu migrants. That is skewing the argument IMO those three can't be only ones done that ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top