Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 10:35 AM

Re: Empty promises

Originally Posted by Older git ->
If I had a pound for every promise I have heard a politician utter I could be rich
Well, they got the pound.

And they are rich!

Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
A strange comment from someone who once denyed his Labour sympathies to me and professed not to care about them. I have to wonder whether you and the other Labour supporters are naive enough to believe all the promises made in the Labour manifesto.
The Tory supports were naive enough to believe the clap trap the vicar's daughter came out with at the election to keep her wobbly government in power.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 10:53 AM

To save us from further mud slinging, can we all agree that there are many MPs, in all parties, who are ready to promise anything and everything in pursuit of their goals.

Some more than others.

Especially when the views of the electorate are required.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top