Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 08:42 PM

Hard Left Death Threats Undermine Democracy

Labour's hard left group, Momentum, has been criticised for an appalling militant campaign during the election. Is this the true face of Corbyn's Marxist/Communist ideology?

http://observer.com/2017/07/politica...rbyn-momentum/

"Momentum, a hard-left faction set up to support Sen. Bernie Sanders-backed Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, is behind a campaign of political intimidation in Britain, according to Parliament."

"Among the list of illegal acts Momentum’s political opponents endured in the 2017 election were death threats, criminal damage and defamation. These activities were directed at candidates, their supporters, and even their families.

MPs debated the rise of political intimidation that has taken place since the group was established in 2015.

In introducing the debate, Conservative MP Simon Hart gave the example of Byron Davies, an MP who was beaten after a sustained fake news campaign falsely claimed he was the subject of a serious police investigation.

Another case, that of Charlotte Leslie, who also lost her seat, saw her elderly parents targeted with a sustained harassment campaign. This included draining their heating oil into their garden and scratching the words “Tory scum” into the paint of their car.

During the debate, Labour MP Diane Abbott claimed the abuse came from all sides of the political divide and was nothing new. However, Conservative David Jones said 2017 would go down as the nastiest general election ever. Jones said political candidates logging onto Twitter was like “wading through sewage” because of the level of abuse from far left activists."

Britain imo can not afford to be run by such thuggish mentality and absolute disregard for the democratic process.

Corbyn really must go.

Looney Labour - Unfit To Govern
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:06 PM

Re: Hard Left Death Threats Undermine Democracy

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Labour's hard left group, Momentum, has been criticised for an appalling militant campaign during the election. Is this the true face of Corbyn's Marxist/Communist ideology?

http://observer.com/2017/07/politica...rbyn-momentum/

"Momentum, a hard-left faction set up to support Sen. Bernie Sanders-backed Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, is behind a campaign of political intimidation in Britain, according to Parliament."

"Among the list of illegal acts Momentum’s political opponents endured in the 2017 election were death threats, criminal damage and defamation. These activities were directed at candidates, their supporters, and even their families.

MPs debated the rise of political intimidation that has taken place since the group was established in 2015.

In introducing the debate, Conservative MP Simon Hart gave the example of Byron Davies, an MP who was beaten after a sustained fake news campaign falsely claimed he was the subject of a serious police investigation.

Another case, that of Charlotte Leslie, who also lost her seat, saw her elderly parents targeted with a sustained harassment campaign. This included draining their heating oil into their garden and scratching the words “Tory scum” into the paint of their car.

During the debate, Labour MP Diane Abbott claimed the abuse came from all sides of the political divide and was nothing new. However, Conservative David Jones said 2017 would go down as the nastiest general election ever. Jones said political candidates logging onto Twitter was like “wading through sewage” because of the level of abuse from far left activists."

Britain imo can not afford to be run by such thuggish mentality and absolute disregard for the democratic process.

Corbyn really must go.

Looney Labour - Unfit To Govern
This reared its ugly head at Berkeley Cali in Feb after the Trump election and also has factors over here with the so called Womans march against Trump

Don't forget a Sanders supporter killed two people who protested against two Muslim women he was abusing and another supporter shot a number of Repubs at a Baseball game.

Trump was elected and they are rioting and killing people over it.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 09:11 PM

Any threats threaten democracy that's why I hate seeing the way Uj and yourself carry on, no proper discussion ever takes place because of the childish name calling. That makes an atmosphere where people think threats are ok. IMO

There is a nasty element in uk that encompasses left and right they fuel the atmosphere that allows others to make terrible threats especially against women.
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 10:43 PM

It's only Diane Abbott HERE......N*gg%r mind
Bruv
Kent UK
Bruv is male  Bruv has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2017, 10:47 PM

It's only Owen Jones HERE Bloody F#gg*t
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:15 AM

I think both left and right (whatever that means nowadays) are guilty of this nonsense. For some reason, politics has stopped being political and has become personal. I can remember being friends at University with people who held diametrically opposite political views to mine. I did not feel that the fact that they disagreed with me meant that they were some kind of lesser being or evil scumbag, simply that we disagreed about politics. Logical, nuanced, intellectual political argument has been replaced today by stupid, childish counterproductive personal insult. Emotionalism has replaced logic. Kneejerk reactions have replaced careful analysis.
I really despair!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Bruv ->
It's only Diane Abbott HERE......N*gg%r mind
They have a point about needing a tree big enough to take her weight.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 08:44 AM

This sort of thing is, of course, a product of our broken society.

Our broken society is a product of our lenient punitive system.

Our lenient punitive system is a product of do-gooders.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 09:30 AM

The acts are perpetrated by Momentum but it's a bigger problem.

The Remainers are still very much planning to stop BrExit altogether. A quick read of the pro EU websites confirms it. They believe that there can be no Hard BrExit after the election. They believe that there is no "Soft BrExit", it simply doesn't exist and would never be tolerated anyway (it's all of the EU costs with no say in how things are run). So they conclude that in fact there is actually No BrExit, that it simply is not going to happen and that we are simply in a period of abject pretence and showmanship by the government who are in effect just stalling. They believe that sooner or later they will HAVE to admit that BrExit won't happen because the longer they continue the charade the more damaging it is to the country.
They also believe that in the absense of a majority government the balance of power will move to the House Of Lords who will steadily oppose all the BrExit motions going forward.

Don't think for a second that the Remainers momentum (pun intended) has in any shape abated since either the referendum or election. It has in fact ramped up and they are busily waging a campaign on social media and posting relentlessly on forums to highlight all the bad aspects of BrExit.

These people will stop at nothing to get their way and they are prepared to fight for it. In the end, democracy is a total sham, it doesn't exist and the BrExit situation is going to prove it to the country. WHen they final admit that BrExit isn't going to happen, they will wrap it up in all manner of nice sounding spin to make it look like they are protecting the UK's interests.

Hopefully people will wake up. BrExit does not exist, it never did. The "Common purpose" societies have worked for years to further thier One World Government agenda and One World Currency. The EU is a part of that agenda. There is no way on earth that they are going to allow anyone to jeopardise that. BrExit is a sham. A huge double bluff. The only thing the referendum will be remembered for, is being the one vote that showed the world that democracy is a total sham.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think both left and right (whatever that means nowadays) are guilty of this nonsense. For some reason, politics has stopped being political and has become personal. I can remember being friends at University with people who held diametrically opposite political views to mine. I did not feel that the fact that they disagreed with me meant that they were some kind of lesser being or evil scumbag, simply that we disagreed about politics. Logical, nuanced, intellectual political argument has been replaced today by stupid, childish counterproductive personal insult. Emotionalism has replaced logic. Kneejerk reactions have replaced careful analysis.
I really despair!
Exactly the name calling etc didn't used to happen or not to this extent, I've been good friends hell I married a Tory ! We can talk about anything I respect him he respects me. The difference is we have different ideas how to make our society work. It doesn't cause us to call each other names ! At heart we know each other as decent people. Politics is something to be passionate about but not nasty.

Some of the nicest people on this forum are tories, some are left wing. Their politics don't make them nasty.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top