Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 09:54 AM

Re: Hard Left Death Threats Undermine Democracy

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Any threats threaten democracy that's why I hate seeing the way Uj and yourself carry on, no proper discussion ever takes place because of the childish name calling. That makes an atmosphere where people think threats are ok. IMO

There is a nasty element in uk that encompasses left and right they fuel the atmosphere that allows others to make terrible threats especially against women.
Have you ever tried asking Joe to stop? If so what was his reaction. maybe if his friends condemned him a bit more his behaviour might improve.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
Have you ever tried asking Joe to stop? If so what was his reaction. maybe if his friends condemned him a bit more his behaviour might improve.
Uj knows how I feel yes but I chose to ignore it on the open forum as it derails threads to keep on about it especially as he wont stop.

Calling names in the opposite direction don't touch him they just make the forum a more hostile environment IMO
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 10:12 AM

Exactly the name calling etc didn't used to happen or not to this extent, I've been good friends hell I married a Tory ! We can talk about anything I respect him he respects me. The difference is we have different ideas how to make our society work. It doesn't cause us to call each other names ! At heart we know each other as decent people. Politics is something to be passionate about but not nasty.

Some of the nicest people on this forum are tories, some are left wing. Their politics don't make them nasty.
I think all the name calling could be an American thing. I was in the US a few years ago during the lead up to an election and the political broadcasts are shocking compared to the British ones. I'm talking about politicians themselves and not the general public who have always ridiculed them.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 11:14 AM

The despicable thuggish behaviour of hardleft Looney Labour gets more criticism. Now the Labour chief whip has complained to Corbyn and Momentum about abuse of MPs

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/0...ats-abuse-mps/

"At a Labour party meeting in Hove at the weekend, a steward at the college hosting the meeting was spat at by an activist, while Bristol West MP Thangam Debbonaire’s activists were left ‘frightened, intimidated and in tears’ after a confrontation with pro-Corbyn Momentum activists at a recent local party meeting. Angela Eagle, meanwhile, had a brick thrown through her office window and her staff threatened"

This is the true face of the supposedly caring Corbyn ideology. Death threats, vandalism of property, intimidation, physical abuse of MPs, aggressive social media campaigns and so on.

Do we really want these kind of duplicitous moronic thugs running the UK? I think not. Thatcher for all her misgivings, stood up to this "yobbish" culture and refused to allow it to sway and dominate UK politics.

So should we all.

Corbyn is unelectable

Looney Labour is unfit to govern until it ousts it's Marxist/Communist hard left contingent.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 11:29 AM

And there you go again, there is nothing anyone can debate about when you name call.
Tupman
United Kingdom Surrey
Tupman is male  Tupman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 11:39 AM

And there you go again, there is nothing anyone can debate about when you name call.
I agree this tit for tat situation is becoming somewhat tediously juvenile.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 11:42 AM

Morning to the Tory whingers, having a nice time in Tolpuddle with nice people, not a machine gun in sight.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

13-07-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Morning to the Tory whingers, having a nice time in Tolpuddle with nice people, not a machine gun in sight.
Glad you are having a nice time Purwell.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2017, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
They didn't have them in 1834.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

13-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Lots about it in the papers today. Strange how it's always the right wingers that are considered to be violent, yet this new wave of left wing bullies are allowed to get away with it.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top