Join for free
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2017, 05:06 PM

Enid Blyton - In on the act?

The Enid Blyton Book "Five on Brexit Island" seems to be an amusing spoof (legitimately on Amazon & various other sales sites).

Certainly some of the procrastinations (humerous) might have been already seen on this forum!

Anyone else read it?

p.s. I'm not trying to sell it!

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	EnidBlyton.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	3375  
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 01:54 PM

Re: Enid Blyton - In on the act?

Haven't read it and do not want to. I dislike this modern habit of trading on other people's names. Not just EB but also 'Ladybird Books' and others are being not exactly plagiarised but certainly degraded.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Haven't read it and do not want to. I dislike this modern habit of trading on other people's names. Not just EB but also 'Ladybird Books' and others are being not exactly plagiarised but certainly degraded.
The book is listed on the Enid Blyton Society web page.

Part of a series of 8 books bearing the name of Enid Blyton but with the rights ownership by a book publisher.
The actual series author is Bruno Vincent.

"Anne McNeil of Enid Blyton Entertainment added they were "thrilled" with the new books, adding: "We are certain Enid Blyton would have delighted in the gentle parody of her characters - characters which have helped to create a multi-million-selling global brand."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36369366
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2017, 10:48 PM

Well - good luck to them - they may be right - but my opinion remains the same.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top