Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 06:42 AM

A Mess Up

Hi

Today we get down to the nitty gritty of Brexit.

The first full week of negotiations.

The EU have a plan, agreed on, costed, and literally thousands of staff on the job and an unlimited Budget.

We do not yet have a plan, our cabinet are still divided, arguments about how we proceed.

The EU were very quick off the mark after the Brexit Vote, they have got the boring bits in place, and the boring bits are what will determine the success or failure of Brexit for the UK.

They have costed everything, we have costed very little.

They have already upgraded their systems to collect WTO Tariffs from the UK, even have lorry parks in place, we do not.

The EU has gone through the Entire 104 WTO Tariff Schedules for what we, as part of the EU, allow in, the quotas for things as simple as butter, beef and lamb.

The UK has not even started on this.

It is absolutely crucial to maintaining our existing Free Trade Agreements negotiated as part of the EU.

The EU has already provided, free of charge, chapter and verse, to their Exporters to the UK, exactly what they need to do to continue to Export to the UK.

We have not done this, we have told all our Exporters they must work it out themselves, a huge cost to our Industry.

The EU are already holding Beauty Competitions as to which Countries will get Euro Clearing and other Financial Services when we leave, they are currently here in the UK, they will no longer be.

Euro Clearing is £880 Billion a day in the UK, we lose the VAT, Stamp Duty and Corporation Tax on that.

It completely dwarfs the amount we pay to the EU every year.

I voted to leave, it could have been good for us, instead, we have messed it up big time.

Once again, we have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

It is the Charge of the Light Brigade once again.

Piss poor planning.

Theresa May's incompetence has resulted in such a paper thin majority that we are having to fly back our big hitters, in the midst of negotiations, just to get a simple Parliamentary Majority.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 08:52 AM

Re: A Mess Up

But you still think it was worth it?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 08:53 AM

Theresa May's incompetence has resulted in such a paper thin majority that we are having to fly back our big hitters, in the midst of negotiations, just to get a simple Parliamentary Majority.
I don't blame May I blame Cameron,I think any Prime Minister of any party would have had an almost impossible task negotiating our way out of the EU with so little contingency planning for a successful leave vote.

Ok, May gambled on trying to strengthen her position by calling an election and it failed . It would have made her life easier had she won a good majority not least with votes in parliament on 'home issues' but I have no doubt whatever the outcome of the election those from all parties who wish to remain would still have done everything in their power to thwart any negotiations.

I note Blair has reared his little weasel face again, I fail to see why he is given air time likewise Clegg, they are 'has beens' and not part of parliament , all they are doing is attempting to rally the remainers and stirring.

I am still of the opinion that any deal is better than remaining in the EU .
People are soft these days, if we have to tighten our belts and go without a few things that is fine with me I will cope. There was still rationing when I was a child and we made do with the things we had.
If there is the will we can do it again, we are a resourceful nation and would soon get back on our feet.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't blame May I blame Cameron,I think any Prime Minister of any party would have had an almost impossible task negotiating our way out of the EU with so little contingency planning for a successful leave vote.

Ok, May gambled on trying to strengthen her position by calling an election and it failed . It would have made her life easier had she won a good majority not least with votes in parliament on 'home issues' but I have no doubt whatever the outcome of the election those from all parties who wish to remain would still have done everything in their power to thwart any negotiations.

I note Blair has reared his little weasel face again, I fail to see why he is given air time likewise Clegg, they are 'has beens' and not part of parliament , all they are doing is attempting to rally the remainers and stirring.

People are soft these days, if we have to tighten our belts and go without a few things that is fine with me I will cope. There was still rationing when I was a child and we made do with the things we had.
If there is the will we can do it again, we are a resourceful nation and would soon get back on our feet.
Hi

Well this is where I disagree with you Meg.

Time will tell, you may be right, I may be wrong.

What I do know is this, the new computer system to collect WTO Tariffs has failed big time.

It was planned to go on existing servers in Newcastle, it failed.

Back to the beginning again.

Controlling Immigration?

We need a minimum of a new system and 4,000 additional officers.

This has been refused on the grounds of cost.

Your son is an IT Expert, ask him how long it takes to design a system to link to 27 Countries, with different systems and coping with 38 million unannounced movements of people a year.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Well this is where I disagree with you Meg.

Time will tell, you may be right, I may be wrong.

What I do know is this, the new computer system to collect WTO Tariffs has failed big time.

It was planned to go on existing servers in Newcastle, it failed.

Back to the beginning again.

Controlling Immigration?

We need a minimum of a new system and 4,000 additional officers.

This has been refused on the grounds of cost.

Your son is an IT Expert, ask him how long it takes to design a system to link to 27 Countries, with different systems and coping with 38 million unannounced movements of people a year.
Don't mention my son he is a remainder
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:44 AM

As I read on FB this morning . "we won the war"

Thats exactly the attitude thats holding the UK back.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
As I read on FB this morning . "we won the war"

Thats exactly the attitude thats holding the UK back.
Indeed Cass, and the fact that the population of the UK is a very, very different one to post war days. Going backwards instead of forwards doesn't seem very sensible to me.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->

It's not fine with me. I don't see why i should have to tighten my belt and why we are running our successful economy into the ground for the sake of having a blue passport again and a half baked trade agreement and massive begging bowl. We are not at war so we do not need rationing but rational thinking about decisions which could have a catastrophic effect on people's livelihoods. All I've seen is emotional patriotic chest beating and a total lack of clear headedness and logic.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 03:51 PM

A mess up!!! - wait until things really get going.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 05:00 PM

Well come on you "Leavers" sort it out you are all so much cleverer than those of us who knew what would happen.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top