Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 05:44 PM

Re: A Mess Up

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Well come on you "Leavers" sort it out you are all so much cleverer than those of us who knew what would happen.
Hi

Well your mate Jeremy wants out as well.

I will leave it to him.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Well come on you "Leavers" sort it out you are all so much cleverer than those of us who knew what would happen.
I don't think many who wished to leave the EU anticipated the 'remainers' being such bad losers and doing everything in their power to prevent our departure from EU taking place.
By doing this they stand to make sure we get the worst deal possible and that will be to the detriment of all of us .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I don't think many who wished to leave the EU anticipated the 'remainers' being such bad losers and doing everything in their power to prevent our departure from EU taking place.
By doing this they stand to make sure we get the worst deal possible and that will be to the detriment of all of us .
I don't think it is a case of bad losers Meg. I just think some realised how complicated it would be, as well as costing such a lot and being detrimental to our country. Why on earth would anyone try to make sure we get the worst deal - certainly, I doubt anyone on this forum is in any position to make a difference to anything. Sorry, but I don't think you can blame those who wanted to remain for anything that comes to pass once things get underway proper. Like it or not, I believe leaving will certainly be to the detriment of the general population of this country, both in the short and longer term it will leave us poorer (and not just financially). However, I suppose there will be plenty of time and opportunity to blame somebody or something for what I believe will end up as an inevitable debacle and something which will take this country a long time to get over.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 07:41 PM

Brexit and anything that comes with it is down to those who brought it about, Cameron and those who voted for it, good or bad.
That's the truth of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 07:45 PM

It's leavers who are arguing amongst themselves and trying to make an impossible dream with no plan a reality. It's the real world of business, medicine, science and finance that's asserting itself so that the patriotic dream does not turn into an economic nightmare. It's political pandemonium.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's leavers who are arguing amongst themselves and trying to make an impossible dream with no plan a reality. It's the real world of business, medicine, science and finance that's asserting itself so that the patriotic dream does not turn into an economic nightmare. It's political pandemonium.
Hi

It is the cabinet who are in conflict with themselves, and the situation has become worse since the disastrous Election.

They sense weakness and they are jockeying for position to become the next PM.

I find this very sad.

They should be concentrating on Brexit, getting it right is the most important thing at the moment, it will affect us all for years.

Instead they are putting their personal ambitions above the interests of the Country.

We now have the ridiculous situation where the three most important ministers involved in Brexit, Foreign Secretary, International Trade and Brexit Secretary, are having to keep close to London just to be around for votes.

This is not ideal, they should be abroad negotiating for us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:09 PM

The more I read from the remainiacs, the more grim Brexit sounds.

However, as they say, the darkest hour is before the dawn.

Which reminds me of the attitude of the British in 1940.

And look how that escapade ended.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 09:59 PM

We are not at war. We have simply shot ourselves in the foot which is not the same thing...
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
We are not at war. We have simply shot ourselves in the foot which is not the same thing...
Perhaps you haven't fully grasped the situation.

Germany is attempting to conquer Europe... again. Having failed to do it by force twice last century, they are now trying their luck economically.

And they are winning.

As in the 1940s, we are the last free country in Europe, or will be if we get our fingers out.

Also, as in the Second World War, we are home to fifth columnists who did all they could to aid our enemies.

I suspect that Brexit will be our last chance of freedom.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-07-2017, 11:08 PM

This is what I mean by emotional patriotic chest-beating. It's pure propaganda and totally without logic.

We have been in a mutually rewarding trading partnership with Europe since the Marshall plan was rolled out. We are on an equal par economically with Germany and France but somehow seem to be useless at driving the EU in the way they do. No point in blaming others or making it into some conspiracy. We had just as much power to influence based on our economic might and we let it all go because we could not be bothered. It's complacency and laziness that's got us into a political position we are not happy with. That same complacency and laziness is now creating a Brexit mess as everyone passes the hot potato because accountability is a dirty word.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top