Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 07:52 AM

Have you ever?

Lay in bed all night and not sure if you've slept at all?

This happened to me last night. I wasn't a bit sleepy - I remember looking at the clock at 3.00am and feeling a little tired. I think I just lay there in a sleepy state but not quite asleep. Next thing I know it's 5.00am so I decided to get up...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 08:07 AM

Re: Have you ever?

Hi

Nope.

I have been in bed all day and never slept, but it was great fun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:06 AM

Yes, I have done that. Sometimes I say I didn't sleep at all last night, then Mrs LDs assures me that I did because I was snoring.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Yes, I have done that. Sometimes I say I didn't sleep at all last night, then Mrs LDs assures me that I did because I was snoring.

And there was me thinking it was distant thunder.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And there was me thinking it was distant thunder.
Something I inherited from my Granddad unfortunately. He could topple a house with his snoring.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:56 AM

Ive done that as well, its funny when you look at the clock and say another hour gone and not slept but you know you must have at some point.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Lay in bed all night and not sure if you've slept at all?

This happened to me last night. I wasn't a bit sleepy - I remember looking at the clock at 3.00am and feeling a little tired. I think I just lay there in a sleepy state but not quite asleep. Next thing I know it's 5.00am so I decided to get up...
Yes frequently, it's not unusual for me to have just 3 or 4 hours sleep a night.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

17-07-2017, 11:16 AM

When I was young, three or 4 hours sleep would have meant I had had a good night. Now it's called a bad night.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2017, 11:47 AM

I usually sleep very well, always have done.

I love my bed, I am warm, comfortable and content, so sleep like a baby.

The only reasons I occasionally don't sleep well, is if I have any back pain and can't get comfortable, or an unsolved problem is on my mind and worrying me.

Other than that, I sleep like a log.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 06:55 PM

..Have you lever lay in bed all night and not sure if you've slept at all?

No, if I haven't slept after an hour I get up and do something soothing (not watching a screen) for a while like ironing or starting a batch of bread then try to sleep again later.
If I can't I get up again, no point in laying there stressing about it

Some of my jobs have included working at night and that messes with your circadian clock so on nights off sleep can be difficult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top