Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 06:32 AM

Re: Italy struggles under immigration

i just wonder what the long term plan is and is there even one? I mean will the whole of the third world migrate to the west?. It doesn't make sense, maybe I'm being overly optimistic that there is a plan but if there is I wish they would share it with us.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 06:35 AM

You mean will the whole of the failed states of Africa the Middle East and the Sub continent pour into the west ?
Looks like that doesn't it's .
And is not all of the west .
No one even desperate boat people go to Bulgaria or Romania they all want to come to the Uk Germany or Denmark .
Eventually Britain will become a failed state too .
Something our grandchildren have to look forward too.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 06:56 AM

All these young male migrants will not get the prosperity they are expecting when they set out on their journey.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 07:00 AM

Where will that lead to I wonder Leia, lots of dissolutioned young men with time on their hands...scary!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 07:11 AM

Yes
The reality is that these people do not become nice European citizens with a good job and prospects.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 08:37 AM

Hi

The problem, in EU Terms, can be traced back to Merkel and her bid to become the next Secretary General of the UN.

The job was supposed to be filled by a woman from Eastern Europe, they have kind of a rota system for candidates.

In order to show here credentials, she invited Migrates from the Middle East and Africa to Germany, she called it humanitarian and the Migrants were called Refugees.

She had shown naff all interest before.

Instead of flying them in to Germany, which would have been the correct thing to do, she told them to make their own way to Germany, which they did, over a million of them, flooding in on boats and overwhelming Italy and Greece.

She did not get the job and things started to go wrong in Germany with the mass sex assaults.

She tried to turn off the tap, using EU Money, not Germany's money, giving 3 Billion Euros to Turkey, which Erdogan said thank you very much to.

That did not work, so she is now deporting vast numbers of the ones that she does not want, back to poor Italy and Greece and insisting that each EU Country takes a quota of her unwanted.

She did all this without consulting other EU Countries.

She has berated to the UK for refusing to take any of these, that is in spite of the fact that we are taking 20,000 genuine refugees a year, who we check abroad and bring here at our expense.

Germany, which is a very rich country, they have a Budget Surplus, spends less on Foreign Aid that the UK does, and we have to borrow that money.

That in a nutshell, explains things and in particular explains why I voted to leave, we are being dictated to and I want no part of it.

I didn't want to leave, it simply does not make financial sense to leave, it is going to really hurt, but we had to.

I will not be dictated to my someone I cannot vote for.

It need not have been like this.

We have had years as a huge contributor, to chuck our weight around and say no, we are not having this, so swan off.

Neither Blair, Brown or Cameron had the guts to say this and change things to our benefit.

France has the same size economy as the UK, we should be paying the same, yet France has arranged things so they get far more back from the EU that we do, so their net payments, which is the thing that really counts, is much lower.

I did not like Maggie, I did not like her Politics, but one thing is for sure, she put the UK first, was a great negotiator and would have been more than a match for Merkel, Juncker and Co.

Unfortunately now we have a bunch of jokers doing our negotiating for us.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You mean will the whole of the failed states of Africa the Middle East and the Sub continent pour into the west ?
Looks like that doesn't it's .
And is not all of the west .
No one even desperate boat people go to Bulgaria or Romania they all want to come to the Uk Germany or Denmark .
Eventually Britain will become a failed state too .
Something our grandchildren have to look forward too.
Absolutely. But our grandchildren seem to be quite happy with such an arrangement, as the majority of young people are remainiacs.

I hope they enjoy their life in Britannistan.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 10:57 AM

I have always been strongly in favour of Brexit, and would still vote for it given the chance.

However, I am beginning to concede to the beliefs of some people on here that, either we shall pay dearly for leaving and still be subject to some of their rules, or we shall never leave.

I agree that our politicians are failing to protect our sovereignty, but there's nothing I personally can do about that. There are sufficient members of the voting public who are continuing to support their elected MPs, even if those MPs are determined to disrupt or prevent Brexit.

I have reluctantly come to accept that we shall never again be a proud and independent nation and, yes, it is largely our own fault. Since the 1960s we have become a weak people ruled by weak governments.

Either the EU will take over the country or the mass influx of immigrants will, given time.

I've said it before: this country's had it.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-07-2017, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
i just wonder what the long term plan is and is there even one? I mean will the whole of the third world migrate to the west?. It doesn't make sense, maybe I'm being overly optimistic that there is a plan but if there is I wish they would share it with us.
I think that there should be a plan which would improve the Country from which they want to emigrate.

One way would be to channel much of our Foreign aid into building training complexes , in whichever part of Africa needs them.

This training centre would teach the skills required to give the people real value in the country which they fancy working in.

That would include English & other languages, Trades like plumbing, electrical, etc and nursing & so on.

A couple of years there and we might want to give out a Visa, to work here, or they might find useful jobs in their country of origin, or elsewhere..

Good education should lead to good skills & jobs.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

18-07-2017, 06:48 PM

We need to train our own doctors nurses etc
Africa needs its own medics for its own people .

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top