Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 01:06 AM

Re: NHS comes top in health care survey

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Since I am already 81, I rest my case!
That is just the average for the UK (81.2 years) which puts you in 20th place in the world. I don't get what case it is that are you resting?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:57 AM

Hi

The NHS top?

Get real.

It is appalling, at least locally.

Hospital acquired infections, huge waiting lists and crap diagnosis.

A local diagnosed with migraine, sent home with some pills, missed the fact they had a stroke.

The Local Mental Health Trust was missing it's targets, simple solution, discharge existing patients, did not tell them, just wiped them out.

No support at all.

Some of our Military with severe PTSD just dumped.

A huge scandal about Maternity Services, multiple deaths and ongoing Brain damage.

They have closed local midwife units due to lack of staff.

It is a total disgrace.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
That is just the average for the UK (81.2 years) which puts you in 20th place in the world. I don't get what case it is that are you resting?
Yes ..but TedC isn't dead yet.

Surveys surveys. You can find what you want to read in them:

http://www.smh.com.au/national/healt...617-zsawm.html

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...082df5d94731ad

I think it's always possible to find cases of poor health care written about any country. In the end though, I suppose we tend to form an opinion of on personal experience or observations. On the whole, mine and that of my family has been pretty good.

True that it's not good for everyone but I think the health service can be blamed when it shouldn't be. I mean, a person has a severe illness. The health service does its best to treat the condition but it doesn't improve. Where does the blame lie? Is it with the health service or the severe illness?

I'd say it's often more to do with the type and severity of the condition rather than the health service's failings to help with it ..and that probably applies to any country.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top