Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 08:11 AM

False News

Hi

Unfortunately, we are full of it.

People trying to manipulate us, the Media in particular.

The Express is by far the worst, it is appalling.

An Example

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/830...ord-livingston

The headline is totally different to the article.

The key phrase in the Article is this

“Having our cake and eating it is just not available. The cake shop shuts in 18 months’ time and we have to recognise that. As a country, we need to buy some time to avoid the cliff edge. We need to show some realism.”

Get real folks, our great and good have screwed Brexit up big time.

We could have, and should have, got everything in place ready for it, Computer systems, Border Controls, a real serious problem for the EU, a much stronger negotiating position.

We haven't, they know we haven't, so they now have the whip hand.

This annoys me, I did not want to give them an inch, nor a penny more than we had to.

Our idiotic Politicians have blown it

They tried to do things on the cheap and are still arguing amongst themselves.

We are still cutting Border Control, not recruiting an additional 4 to 5 thousand new officers.

Our much vaunted new computer system for Tariff Collections has failed, it ain't going to happen on time.

It was supposed to be going on existing hardware in Newcastle, it is incompatible, it cannot handle it.

We are still waiting for Government Approval to for a new set of hardware to deliver it.

We have been waiting months for this, still no decision, in spite of the fact that the techies have told them that the delays are such there is no chance of getting it in place now before we leave.

They have laid off the entire team working on the hardware side months ago, still no decision from the Government on a new contract.

Your Techies, the boring gits, have told the Government that we cannot collect EU Tariffs when we leave, at Dover, not enough room.

They have come up with a plan, a secure route out and a holding area, 11 miles away, big enough to hold all the vehicles, sort the Tariffs out and inspect every vehicle for illegals.

Still no decision from the Government, which is stupid, not even an application for Planning Permission, or a Compulsory Purchase for the land.

I am much closer to to this than many of you, history of my ex Job.

I have no idea at all about the Master Plan, well out of my league, no insight at all into that.

The boring bits, I do know about, and they are crap.

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 09:05 AM

Re: False News

All thanks to the scumbag 'nasty party' who appear not to have a fully functioning brain cell between them!!!
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 11:15 AM

Are they doing this so it becomes such a mess that we don't leave?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
Too late the damage has been done, we will not be trusted again for many years.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mondays child ->
I think it is being done because a lot of people don't like to be on the losing side of a democratic vote!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I think it is being done because a lot of people don't like to be on the losing side of a democratic vote!
I agree Twink democracy has had it. I doubt if I would bother voting again as it seems the Loonies cannot accept the result unless it goes their way.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 05:00 PM

Perhaps leave voters should volunteer their services for free to implement all that's necessary as seems the government are not coping with available resources.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Perhaps leave voters should volunteer their services for free to implement all that's necessary as seems the government are not coping with available resources.
Well it was the government who allowed the referendum, they weren't forced to by the leave voters, so perhaps they should learn that they need to work for their pay. The same would apply to any government in office!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well it was the government who allowed the referendum, they weren't forced to by the leave voters, so perhaps they should learn that they need to work for their pay. The same would apply to any government in office!
Hi

Yes, well said.

It hasn't stopped parliament going on holiday though, some things are sacrosanct.

We have even asked if one the planned sessions with the EU can be moved as it interferes with the Bank Holiday at the end of August.

It is about time they worked as many days a day as the average worker.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top