Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 11:48 AM

Help Please! My Energy Tariff Is Coming To The End Soon

My Energy Tariff for gas and electricity is coming to the end at the end of the month and l must decide whether to stay with them (Scottish Power) or change providers?
My head is spinning at looking at the different tariffs available. There are companies that l have never heard of! I don't even know how to make the transition if l decide to change!
Do l stay with the devil l know, or move on if l find a better tariff? Who are you with?
Decisions, Decisions!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 11:55 AM

Re: Help Please! My Energy Tariff Is Coming To The End Soon

Try a comparison site like Comparethemarket.com Art, they do all the work for you. We've recently changed to Eon.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:16 PM

I changed to First Utility and my gas and electricity bill has been halved.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Try a comparison site like Comparethemarket.com Art, they do all the work for you. We've recently changed to Eon.

Thank You Val, l will have a look!

My daughter suggested Sainsburys?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:20 PM

I'm with e-on Art but it depends what your present tariff is, you might find this site useful

https://www.uswitch.com/gas-electric...20-%20Cheapest
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2017, 12:30 PM

Thank You, Leia and summer.
I will have a look at them too.

It really is mind boggling!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
My daughter suggested Sainsburys?
I've been with Sainsbury's for the last two years - they are the energy provider, but the supplier is actually British Gas.

Sainsbury's provide the energy at a much lower rate than British Gas.

The process of switching is semi-automatic - you make the choice then the work is done for you:

https://www.energyswitchguarantee.com/ready-to-switch/

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 12:57 PM

Don't be afraid to change because of the actual process, because apart from supplying a final meter reading when asked there is nothing for you to do. Also don't be afraid to use a smaller company even if you haven't heard of them, smaller companies have lower overheads and usually lower prices in consequence. Personally we moved to Robin Hood Energy and have never had a better service or a better tariff compared to the bigger players.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 01:05 PM

Art All the experts say you should try to find a cheaper company.

I never bothered to change my phone supplier, till I noticed how high the prices were, and when I told them I was going they said my high prices were because I had stayed with them but not renewed my contract.... so no reward for being a loyal customer I agreed a new contract with them and my phone and broad charges have been reduced by half of what I was paying!
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Don't be afraid to change because of the actual process, because apart from supplying a final meter reading when asked there is nothing for you to do. Also don't be afraid to use a smaller company even if you haven't heard of them, smaller companies have lower overheads and usually lower prices in consequence. Personally we moved to Robin Hood Energy and have never had a better service or a better tariff compared to the bigger players.
Yes, I agree with both these points of Barry's. We changed to Ovo when it was barely heard of, unfortunately when it came to renewing the contract the prices rocketed so we have changed again!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top