Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 01:13 PM

Re: Help Please! My Energy Tariff Is Coming To The End Soon

Originally Posted by Val J ->
Yes, I agree with both these points of Barry's. We changed to Ovo when it was barely heard of, unfortunately when it came to renewing the contract the prices rocketed so we have changed again!
We seem to be changing supplier every year now because new customers always seem to get a better deal. Even if we don't need to change we still do a comparison on uswitch to check that we are still on the best deal.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Art All the experts say you should try to find a cheaper company.

I never bothered to change my phone supplier, till I noticed how high the prices were, and when I told them I was going they said my high prices were because I had stayed with them but not renewed my contract.... so no reward for being a loyal customer I agreed a new contract with them and my phone and broad charges have been reduced by half of what I was paying!

Twink, I have tried that with Scottish Power but they won't budge on their new tariff.
I have managed to get my BT and Sky accounts greatly reduced!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Twink, I have tried that with Scottish Power but they won't budge on their new tariff.
I have managed to get my BT and Sky accounts greatly reduced!
I heard a report that said Scottish power had decided not to reduce tariffs, but if others do they may regret it..... so their loyal customers will pay more.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 02:05 PM

I advise you to join this club (free, of course - what else!).
You log in and give them some details and they search the suppliers who cover your area and provide you with an up to date comparison.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

More than that, they keep you up to date if any other supplier offers a better deal. I'd strongly recommend them.

I'm with British Gas for both gas and electricity.

Go on, give them a try. You have nothing to lose.

EDIT: Actually, it seems you don't have to join to get some quotes, but you could join the Moneysavingexpert site free of charge and they send you regular e-mails about all sorts of money saving options.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 02:12 PM

Hi Artangel, I have just changed to Sainsbury's and I am quite happy with them, we were with EON but found them expensive.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I advise you to join this club (free, of course - what else!).
You log in and give them some details and they search the suppliers who cover your area and provide you with an up to date comparison.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub

More than that, they keep you up to date if any other supplier offers a better deal. I'd strongly recommend them.

I'm with British Gas for both gas and electricity.

Go on, give them a try. You have nothing to lose.

EDIT: Actually, it seems you don't have to join to get some quotes, but you could join the Moneysavingexpert site free of charge and they send you regular e-mails about all sorts of money saving options.
JBR, My son in law says, that is the site he uses.
I'm not sure if l joined that site once, for advice when l was worried, l'd get a parking ticket on private land.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 02:55 PM

Im the same as you Artangel,mind boggling.At the moment Im with British Gas and on a smart meter.I dont read my meter BG does it automatically .If I changed suppliers I would have to read ,and submit it myself,which I dont want ,as I cant see my meter reading very well
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2017, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Hi Artangel, I have just changed to Sainsbury's and I am quite happy with them, we were with EON but found them expensive.
Susie, l don't like EON and have always thought they are expensive!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

19-07-2017, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
Im the same as you Artangel,mind boggling.At the moment Im with British Gas and on a smart meter.I dont read my meter BG does it automatically .If I changed suppliers I would have to read ,and submit it myself,which I dont want ,as I cant see my meter reading very well
Deylon, lt really does make your brain spin, trying to understand what the other companies are offering and not knowing who to choose!
I haven't got a smart meter...yet! Could your son read the meter for you?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
JBR, My son in law says, that is the site he uses.
I'm not sure if l joined that site once, for advice when l was worried, l'd get a parking ticket on private land.
It's a very useful site and Martin Lewis is a highly regarded advisor.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top