Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:26 PM

Re: Help Please! My Energy Tariff Is Coming To The End Soon

Originally Posted by JBR ->
It's a very useful site and Martin Lewis is a highly regarded advisor.
Yes, he's on television quite a lot!
He talks very excitedly, doesn't he? I suppose, he's excited at all the money he saves!!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yes, he's on television quite a lot!
He talks very excitedly, doesn't he? I suppose, he's excited at all the money he saves!!
So I believe. I'm afraid I don't watch him on television; too busy watching Coronation Street and Star Trek Voyager (mmm, Seven of Nine!).

But I do receive regular newsletters from MoneySavingExpert. They list lots of tricks of the trade too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:36 PM

Art I would avoid the big price comparison sites, most of them get paid commission and don't display all the tariffs available.

The site JBR suggests is ok as is the WHICH switch site which is independent ....

http://switch.which.co.uk/?gclid=CKq...FUQz0wodVQYJMQ

Barry mentioned Robin Hood Energy, I have heard some good reviews about them.

I am still with OVO, I check every year but haven't found a better deal and I like the fact I get paid 3% interest on the balance I store up in the summer to see me through the winter .
I also like managing the account myself sending in meter readings and generating an instant bill so I can keep track of usage.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:38 PM

Hi Artangel.
I see Val mentions OVO there.
Sure prices went up, but nothing like some other suppliers have in my opinion.
We have been with OVO for a number of years now, and can highly recommend it on value and service.
Their web site and giving readings etc. is so nice to look at and is very easy to use.
The call centre is BRITISH and always very helpful, and this counts a lot with me.

Hope this helps.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/

Voted Energy Supplier of the Year

We've been awarded Energy Supplier of the Year, for the third year running, at the 2017 uSwitch Energy Awards.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:43 PM

Hi

Just changing mine as it was a fixed rate ending next month.

I pay monthly, direct debit and I am saving £30 a month on what the new rate would be with the old supplier.

I only have electric, no gas in the village.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 03:49 PM

For me price isn't everything, I also want good customer service . I have heard horror stories from friends and families about receiving no bills or incorrect bills from some companies.
This is the best and worst 2017 from WHICH...

http://switch.which.co.uk/energy-sup...ies-rated.html

again OVO tops the list.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
For me price isn't everything, I also want good customer service . I have heard horror stories from friends and families about receiving no bills or incorrect bills from some companies.
This is the best and worst 2017 from WHICH...

http://switch.which.co.uk/energy-sup...ies-rated.html

again OVO tops the list.
I rest my case!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 04:03 PM

An update!

After much head banging and brain at saturation point, l have decided to stay with Scottish Power. I rang them again today and they quoted a lower monthly payment, lower than the figure a few days ago!

I went onto the various sites recommended in this thread but they quoted, either around the same that l had been quoted by Scottish Power, or higher.

I looked at OVO but their monthly payment was £15 more a month than l will be paying Scottish Power.

l said, Yes, to Scottish Power as l just wanted my head to be free of all the different permutations and get back to normality!

Thank You all, for your help and advice.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 05:43 PM

All this "switching" business can be extremely tedious but if your savings (in total) can be counted in hundreds then it's worth it .....

Try again next year .....
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 05:58 PM

In other words then you chickened out....

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top