Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:15 AM

Sharing bedrooms

When you were growing up did you have your own bedroom?
I shared with my eldest sister, 16 years older than me until she left home.
My elder (the middle one)11 years older than me, had the small room to herself, just as well, pain in the backside!
The weird thing is I can't remember where I slept before I was about 6. Cupboard under the stairs?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:20 AM

Re: Sharing bedrooms

Apart from a couple of years when my gran lived with us, I always had my own room...... till I got married and had to share!
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:22 AM

Shared with younger brother. Regular pillow fights and arguments. Coz he was five years younger, he would chant, "Mummy, he hit me" , so I would be told off....grrrr
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:23 AM

We lived in a two up, two down end of terrace house, it even had an outside toilet until my parents got a grant for a kitchen and bathroom extension. Not only did I share a bedroom with my younger sister, we had a tin bath in front of the fire, I think we even shared the water
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:31 AM

I shared a room with two sisters while brother had the box room. When he moved out elder sister moved in there, then for some reason younger sister took over the box room while I stayed in the bigger one. Don't know why: it certainly wasn't down to age.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 08:34 AM

7 kids , 5 boys and 2 girls , we had to share a double bed top and tail , sometimes 4 in the double bed and Fred the dog , we thought it was fun , we would tickle each others feet .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 09:40 AM

When l was 5 and my family came to England, we shared a rented house with another family. We only had one bedroom for our family.
I slept with my parents, my younger brother and sister were in another bed and my 18 month old sister was in a cot.
I remember one night, some men came and took my mother away on a stretcher and the bed was soaked in blood. They were ambulance men and my mother had, had a miscarriage at six months...

That house eventually had a 'demolition order' placed on it and my mother's boss Mr Blenkinsop the solicitor talked to Mr Bullock at the borough office and we were rehoused.
In this house, my two sisters and me shared a bedroom and my brother had his own room.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Tessa, I'd share a bedroom with you anytime, but only if you promise, and keep the promise, you won't start anything.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 09:45 AM

i ws told when i got married that my wife as a young child always went to bed with a dummy . Nothing has changed even now
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 10:11 AM

Being the only girl with six brothers, I HAD to have my own room. It was just a tiny box room with the chimney breast making it even smaller but it was all mine and perfect to escape from all the noise! I used to feel sorry for the boys as it was a three bedroomed house and the boys had to sleep in the largest bedroom in two double beds - three to a bed.
My room was my sanctuary.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top