Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Re: Sharing bedrooms

Never had that problem when I was younger, I was an only child, so always had my bedroom to myself.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 02:12 PM

Had my own bedroom from the age of 3, my two sisters had to share a bedroom though.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 02:24 PM

My mum used to tell a story about sharing a bed with her two sisters and brother when they were young.
She said they used to stick their feet out of the blankets at the end of the bed and count them (they must have been bored kids!) One night they all freaked out because there was one extra foot!
She swore it was true!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 04:21 PM

When l shared a bedroom with my two sisters, we would play games before we went to sleep.
One game, was giving the initials of film stars and the others had to guess who it was. lspy was another favourite!
We loved it, when our mother made shadow animal shapes using her hands to reflect, on the wall!
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 05:27 PM

When we first moved to Nth Wales I had to share a room with my middle brother
It must have been for at least a year while they converted my parents huge bedroom in to two smaller bedrooms
My brother then moved in to the snallest one at the front of the house and my eldest brother and l had the two rooms at the back of the house.
I missed the company so I used to leave my bedroom door open and listen for them coming upstairs so I could start talking to them and play word games and name that tune and things like that!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 09:16 PM

We moved up north from down south. When we were down south, I can't remember that house, but have a piccie of it, and it was where I was born. That was a good size semi, so looks like it had 3 bedrooms. Not sure if my parents lived there with just us 2 girls, or if it was us and dad's parents too. Don't think it was as they had a shoe business and a house already.

Then we moved up north when I was 5yrs old to live with my mum's parents till my parents got a house. Gran and grandad ran a guest house. Can't remember the bedroom situation.

Then mum and dad got a police house (dad was in the police force). That was the family home till I left at 21. He bought it at some stage. Had 3 bedrooms, so as there were only my sister and myself, we had a bedroom each. Good job too, we just did not get on
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 09:45 PM

Actually, just had a memory. One time (later when my mum's parents moved out of their guest house and into a normal house).

As it was a seaside town, we visited regularly

Anyway, one time, I can't remember the circumstances, but I had to sleep with my mother. First time ever. She'd been diagnosed with schizophrenia, which I didn't understand, just that she was a bit odd. I was petrified she was going to kill me. I remember feeling really scared, trapped on the wall side and couldn't sleep. She shouted at me to keep still.

Never even had a teddy to cuddle or save me
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2017, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Actually, just had a memory. One time (later when my mum's parents moved out of their guest house and into a normal house).

As it was a seaside town, we visited regularly

Anyway, one time, I can't remember the circumstances, but I had to sleep with my mother. First time ever. She'd been diagnosed with schizophrenia, which I didn't understand, just that she was a bit odd. I was petrified she was going to kill me. I remember feeling really scared, trapped on the wall side and couldn't sleep. She shouted at me to keep still.

Never even had a teddy to cuddle or save me
Aww Pesta!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

20-07-2017, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Aww Pesta!

I'm still here though
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 01:20 PM

I always had my own room ( the little box room over the hall ) it was freezing !

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top