Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:24 PM

Re: Sharing bedrooms

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Actually, just had a memory. One time (later when my mum's parents moved out of their guest house and into a normal house).

As it was a seaside town, we visited regularly

Anyway, one time, I can't remember the circumstances, but I had to sleep with my mother. First time ever. She'd been diagnosed with schizophrenia, which I didn't understand, just that she was a bit odd. I was petrified she was going to kill me. I remember feeling really scared, trapped on the wall side and couldn't sleep. She shouted at me to keep still.

Never even had a teddy to cuddle or save me
Flippin heck Pesta .. how young were you then?

I shared with my sister.
The only time me and my sister slept with mum in her double bed for a few nights was when after deciding we had poltergeists or spooky goings on in our bedroom we temporarily moved out ... and our brother, a zealous religious Matthew Hopkins type then, moved in, to hone his ghost hunting and exorcism skills.
I slept like a log. My mum and sister said the ghosts followed us.
My brother felt cheated and outwitted.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 04:31 PM

I can't ever remember not sharing so much so the few occasions I've slept in a bed alone I haven't slept at all well I missed hearing the breathing of another body next to me.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I can't ever remember not sharing so much so the few occasions I've slept in a bed alone I haven't slept at all well I missed hearing the breathing of another body next to me.
play this then when alone in bed

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 05:51 PM

Lol I've cured the problem with a Labrador and a chihuahua between them I get a nice gentle snoring sensation and I'm off to sleep in no time.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
play this then when alone in bed

Heavens that's enough to freak you out!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Heavens that's enough to freak you out!

Blimey! I agree with you, Tess.

Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:00 PM

For the first nearly 6 years all 4 of us (parents, brother and I) shared a room (but we each had clothes horses round our own corners). Of course being so young I thought that was normal, though gradually noticed it wasn't always for friends/relations we visited.

Then we moved into a house where I usually had my own room, except for occasional visitors etc.

Had to share rooms for two years at university (hated that).

Have never had to share rooms after that (except for occasional visits/holidays).
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Flippin heck Pesta .. how young were you then?

Not sure Morty. She was diagnosed when I was 10 but she was showing problems well before that apparently.

I shared with my sister.
The only time me and my sister slept with mum in her double bed for a few nights was when after deciding we had poltergeists or spooky goings on in our bedroom we temporarily moved out ... and our brother, a zealous religious Matthew Hopkins type then, moved in, to hone his ghost hunting and exorcism skills.
I slept like a log. My mum and sister said the ghosts followed us.
My brother felt cheated and outwitted.
Really? Oh tell us some more! What happened to them?

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top