Join for free
Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 07:35 AM

Re: The Frogs are demanding now!

Originally Posted by JBR ->

On the other hand, at my time of life perhaps I should vote for Labour and at least gain some financial benefit from their magic money tree. Who cares what the consequences are in another 40 or so years?
Unfortunately the consequences would be felt within 3 or 4 years. If not sooner. Their plans made absolutely no financial sense.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Unfortunately the consequences would be felt within 3 or 4 years. If not sooner. Their plans made absolutely no financial sense.
Hi

I completely agree.

The figures simply do not stack up.
NewDayDawning
New Member!
United Kingdom
NewDayDawning is male 

27-07-2017, 04:18 PM

I'm new to this - but have read comments with interest. I agree with most of you - we voted to leave the EU, and should now do so with our heads held high. It won't be long before Remainers are thanking us for making Britain great again. Iran, for example has shown that long years of sanctions and being shunned internationally does not mean that its people starve. On the contrary, they have thrived and brought back industries that all would once have thought of as impossible to bring back. We can and will show the world that you mess with the UK at your peril.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by NewDayDawning ->
I'm new to this - but have read comments with interest. I agree with most of you - we voted to leave the EU, and should now do so with our heads held high. It won't be long before Remainers are thanking us for making Britain great again. Iran, for example has shown that long years of sanctions and being shunned internationally does not mean that its people starve. On the contrary, they have thrived and brought back industries that all would once have thought of as impossible to bring back. We can and will show the world that you mess with the UK at your peril.
Hi NDD and welcome.

I agree with you. Britain could be 'great' again but it needs support from all political parties, something we are unlikely to get with the likes of Corbyn, who is set on meddling with Brexit plans and destroying democracy.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Totally agree with this Swim. Most of the stuff voted on in the referendum the government had power to change and could stick two fingers up at the EU, because that's what other countries do. What would they have done? Kicked us out? I don't think so with our contribution. We wasted all that clout by arguing with them instead of doing our own thing regardless of their opinion. Or maybe it was just convenient for politicians to blame EU regulations for our own failings.
Agree! Our politicians should have stood up for us all along! Some of the rules foisted on us were unreasonable and some even downright nonsense!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Hi NDD and welcome.

I agree with you. Britain could be 'great' again but it needs support from all political parties, something we are unlikely to get with the likes of Corbyn, who is set on meddling with Brexit plans and destroying democracy.
I agree too, but I'm afraid we can only be 'great' again if our politicians and other powers-that-be are great.

Sadly, at the moment it appears that many are quite the opposite.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 04:50 PM

I agree too, but I'm afraid we can only be 'great' again if our politicians and other powers-that-be are great.

Sadly, at the moment it appears that many are quite the opposite.
Agreed!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by NewDayDawning ->
Hi

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

A new point of view is always welcome.

I am not entirely convinced that Itan is a good example for comparison.

They have vast reserves of oil and gas, produce enough food to feed themselves, and more importantly, have a fraction of our national debt.

A somewhat different scenario to here in the UK.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2017, 07:20 PM

It seems that the Frogs are, indeed, bluffing.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...n=Brexit_email

It is, after all, a national trait of theirs.

And yet again, here we have JRM showing more balls that our so-called 'negotiates'. Why isn't he on the team?

It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but don't we have more remainiacs on our negotiating team than Brexiteers?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-07-2017, 07:42 PM

It seems that the Frogs are, indeed, bluffing.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...n=Brexit_email

It is, after all, a national trait of theirs.

And yet again, here we have JRM showing more balls that our so-called 'negotiates'. Why isn't he on the team?

It makes you wonder, doesn't it?

I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but don't we have more remainiacs on our negotiating team than Brexiteers?
Hi

Nope, the lead Ministers, Boris, David Davies, Liam Fox are all strong Bexiteers and were leading lights in the Leave campaign.

The entire thing is now getting bizarre.

Page 5 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top