Join for free
Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 08:44 AM

Re: What's going on with the Royals?

There is a bigger picture with the royals, their main job abroad is in PR which they do very well, and I don't doubt for a minute that they see it as less of a jolly, but rather as quite a tedious duty that they have to perform to earn their keep.

Don't get me wrong, I too don't agree with everything that they say or do or receive, but every country has an heirarchy and they all cost money to maintain whether it be a monarchy, or presidency or whatever. But I would argue that our monarchy, which generates billions in tourism and is quite the envy of the world, is possibly one of the best value for money heirarchies anywhere.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:06 AM

I am saying nothing.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I am saying nothing.
Even your little Smiley is waving more vigorously than our figurehead at the moment, Apricot
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
There is a bigger picture with the royals, their main job abroad is in PR which they do very well, and I don't doubt for a minute that they see it as less of a jolly, but rather as quite a tedious duty that they have to perform to earn their keep.

Don't get me wrong, I too don't agree with everything that they say or do or receive, but every country has an heirarchy and they all cost money to maintain whether it be a monarchy, or presidency or whatever. But I would argue that our monarchy, which generates billions in tourism and is quite the envy of the world, is possibly one of the best value for money heirarchies anywhere.
Barry The RF itself doesn't generate millions in tourism .The palaces and castles and old buildings of England are what generates the tourism not the RF .
France has far more tourism than the uk and doesn't have a rf at all.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:19 AM

And as quickly as that income is generated, Andy's off again in his chopper blowing it again.
Money, that is. Not his......
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Not a day goes past now without a news item about the Royal family. Today, it was Charles and Camilla grabbing free pies in Devon.

So what's going on? Why all the sudden publicity? They are obviously preparing us for something big.

Any suggestions?

Yes a PR exercise to 'soften us' up to accept Camilla as Queen. FAT CHANCE!!!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Even your little Smiley is waving more vigorously than our figurehead at the moment, Apricot
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->

OGF:
Where's Uncle Joe when you need him?.......

Hi

Outside the pie shop waiting for it to open.
Lochsong
The Scrubs !!!
Lochsong is female  Lochsong has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:01 AM

The way I look at it ..... they didn't ask to be born Royal, but yes, some of the hangers-on leave a lot to be desired
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:30 AM

As far as I am concerned most of them are a great asset to the country but I do agree not all. Then again Members of Parliament also cost us billions and most of them are a waste of space. Given the choice I'd abolish politicians....

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top