Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 02:08 PM

Family traits

We are seeing more and more of our late lovely lass Natasha in her daughter the beautiful grace. When tasha was her age she would look under her lashes at you if you annoyed her. You really knew she was cross but the mood would disappear as quick as it came and she'd be laughing again really quickly exactly like grace has just done !

We are getting amazed at some of her habits and looks being so similar to her mums.

Its funny because I'm always told I look and behave just like my nan, and my husband is so like a male version of his mum its amazing.

Ive got my dads stubbornness though which when coupled with Gracie's stubbornness makes for an interesting life for my poor long suffering husband

Are you like anyone in your family. Can you see yourself in your kids or grand kids ?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 02:18 PM

Re: Family traits

Oh good yes!

I'm turning into my mum.
One of my daughters is me, the other one is lordruthio.
My granddaughter is a rebel redhead just like her nannah

She's only 18 months, whenever she gets stroppy (which isn't often as she's Practically Perfect like me!) her mum looks at me and says, "thanks a bundle!"

Oh yes and my son is a clone of his grandfather (my dad).

And my sister is my Granny
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 02:35 PM

Oh yes isn't it wonderful to look into your childrens / granchildrends eyes and see yourself looking back

I see the wonder in the eyes of my little ones , I see the longing for life in their ways . I feel for their futures and what life will do to them . I've done it , it's theirs to come , i hope it will be gentle
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 02:55 PM

I hope my children don't take after me, no-one deserves that...
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Well we like you Barry.... so what more could anyone want?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well we like you Barry.... so what more could anyone want?
Aww Twinks, now I've gone all gooey...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
IMO they'd be lucky in many ways to take after you Barry. Don't put yourself down !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 04:29 PM

See Barry, you have got quite a little fan club.
I'm another member.

My son is like a clone of his father.

I can see both Mum and Dad in me.

I won't bore everyone with more dogs, but the same happens in the animal world.
When I bred my GSD's for many years, I saw the same temperaments, coats, eye colours etc time and time again.
It made me very happy because if/when I lost one, it was like they always left a little bit of them behind for me.

I expect it is the same for humans. In fact Julie said much the same with Grace following on from her Mum.
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 06:10 PM

People always used to say I've got my mothers hair.

Its true, I keep it in a box on the top of the wardrobe.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 06:16 PM

I see My Mother , all over again in my eldest daughter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top