Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 09:37 PM

Re: Five year old girl fined £150

Did you read the wording of the apology from the Council?

A council spokesman said:
"We are very sorry that this has happened. We expect our enforcement officers to show commonsense and to use their powers sensibly.
This clearly did not happen.
The fine will be cancelled immediately and we have contacted Mr Spicer and his daughter to apologise."

I wonder what the reaction would have been if this little girl's father had not been a Professor...

He (Professor Spicer, father) directed a tweet at Tower Hamlets council and, on deeper reflection, “realised there were broader issues at stake, including how society treats children”.

The fine was dropped and an apology issued after Spicer was moved to write an article for the Telegraph. But the academic, who has also written for the Guardian, said it was one thing for someone in such a privileged position as his to be able to fight back – and quite another for someone without such a platform.

“If there are other people who have been fined in a similar way, then this is kind of worrying. We are shooting down opportunities for kids to learn,” he said.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 10:12 PM

They would have fined him the same and said he was using the little girl as cuteness appeal I supose.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2017, 11:25 PM

I'm sure that I and my mate occasionally used to have 'jumble sales' on our front wall, not for charity I might add, but so we could buy some sweets.

We never got fined by the local council but, then, that was in the day when people had common sense.

Oh, and we didn't live in a trendy-lefty council area.

Talking of 'jumble sales' our local church used to have them regularly when I was a young lad. These, of course, were for charitable purposes.

I wonder whether churches still have jumble sales and, more to the point, do they have to obtain permission from (and, perhaps, pay a back-hander to) their local council?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 12:14 AM

I think they have been replaced by car boot sales and charity shops.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 12:21 AM

Hi

I was being very polite with my post.

The lot of them would have dismissed for Gross Professional Misconduct, including the Section Leader.

You have to be polite, if not, they get Compensation, which they do not deserve.

If they had been my staff, I would have followed every single rule in the book, I am not going to be tripped up on this, what they did was absolutely indefensible.

The lot of them would have gone and I ain't going to be paying a penny compensation out of taxpayer's money for this.

It is very easy to understand when I am seriously pissed off.

Mistakes happen, I accept that, I made enough myself as a junior, a gentle bollocking is enough to put them back on the right track.

I am no stranger to this, second time around, I can be quite voluble, you are big enough and ugly enough to sort it out, everybody knows I am not a happy womble.

When it comes to things like this, which are so totally unreasonable, I go very quiet, I am totally reasonable and follow every single rule in the book, to the letter.

No gobbing off, no bollockings, absolutely no sign of irritation at all.

I am exceedingly polite to those involved.

That is when those who know me suddenly find themselves exceedingly busy elsewhere.

These idiots are complete prats, they have no place in continued employment, out they go.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Left wing PC Council.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...D1720545552_uk
Yeah! it was in all the news broadcasts here too... and you think you are going to get a free trade agreement with Australia or New Zealand?

No chance now mate!

Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 03:27 PM

I'd fine the father for leaving her there on her own.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

22-07-2017, 03:30 PM

He didn't she was there with her .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 03:35 PM

This Country has become one giant heap of sh*t.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 08:43 PM

Now let's get things into perspective.

The council is a Loony Labour council. We mustn't expect common sense.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top