Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:43 AM

Another mess up.

Hi

Any of you heard of Open Skies.?

It is an International Agreement about flights to and from Countries.

We signed up to it as part of the EU.

In spite of repeated warnings the UK Government has done nothing about it.

We are withdrawing from it with absolutely nothing in place.

It is one of Theresa May's Red Lines.

So far it has only cost us a few hundred £ million with airlines moving abroad and paying tax in the EU, rather than here in the UK.

Industry is now in panic mode, and not just ours.

Two links.

http://news.sky.com/story/us-airline...unded-10955596

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/arti...UK-EU-airlines

The red line is this, Open Skies agreement is administered by the ECJ.

The ECJ has never ruled against the UK in this respect, yet the stupidity will cost £ Billions to the UK Economy.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:50 AM

Re: Another mess up.

I'm curious how you are so sure nothing is in place or planned. Tm doesn't appear stupid to me, the civil servants helping her won't be either. So just because she hadn't personally told us what is planned doesn't mean nothing is.

I'm having a bit of faith they will know what they are doing and it will be OK in the end. Bumpy on the way but OK eventually.

Perhaps some should apply to be her aid or try to get elected so they can take over and micromanage it all !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I'm curious how you are so sure nothing is in place or planned. Tm doesn't appear stupid to me, the civil servants helping her won't be either. So just because she hadn't personally told us what is planned doesn't mean nothing is.

I'm having a bit of faith they will know what they are doing and it will be OK in the end. Bumpy on the way but OK eventually.

Perhaps some should apply to be her aid or try to get elected so they can take over and micromanage it all !
Hi

I read things, which helps.

Open Skies for example.

Are you saying all the airlines are lying?

If everything was hunky dory, Easyjet would not have spent £Millions shifting to Austria.

You have previously stated that we can get the tariff collection system up and working by March 2019 and that we should just leave in March 2019.

The Government disagrees with you, they are now wanting a transition deal, a minimum of two years for trade and longer for free movement.

They are admitting that they cannot deliver on their promises.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 06:29 PM

It will all be milk and honey soon in the promised land, blah, blah, blah!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I read things, which helps.

Open Skies for example.

Are you saying all the airlines are lying?

If everything was hunky dory, Easyjet would not have spent £Millions shifting to Austria.

You have previously stated that we can get the tariff collection system up and working by March 2019 and that we should just leave in March 2019.

The Government disagrees with you, they are now wanting a transition deal, a minimum of two years for trade and longer for free movement.

They are admitting that they cannot deliver on their promises.
I wasn't saying anything of the sort I was just wondering how you knew what was going on behind closed doors. I wouldn't say reading can in anyway tell any of us what tm and the cabinet are planning unless there are leaks of course.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 08:21 PM

I wasn't saying anything of the sort I was just wondering how you knew what was going on behind closed doors. I wouldn't say reading can in anyway tell any of us what tm and the cabinet are planning unless there are leaks of course.
If you belong to the right club you can find out all sorts of information not available to the hoi polloi and if all else fails, you can make it up.
As for leaks, plenty of plumbers about to sort those out on here!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 09:35 PM

Well TM is going on a three week hiking trip with hubby so nothing will be done for now.

The Government are unable to make any real plans for this until they get past the negotiation impasse of the billions the EU want. Details such as aviation agreements are further down the line. That's why they need some guarantee of a transitional agreement, so aviation firms don't make contingency plans.

We can safely assume that nothing has been done yet because they are in a catch 22 situation. Delaying negotiations with a pointless and expensive election has not helped. It's one bad decision to another. There is an assumption among the electorate that everything is organised and intelligent at a higher level of decision making by people running the country, but that's just not the case. If you watched the select committees on Brexit you will have seen that nobody really has a clue how business and logistics of health, science, industry work in this country. The road chosen is one of twists, turns, blind alleys and overgrown forests, with no compass or map. If you watch any debates, select committees etc you will soon see nobody has a real clue about the complex details. A steep learning curve is where we are at.

But big business doesn't have national loyalties, they have global shareholders who don't care a fig for our country. They will do what's best for them and never mind ordinary people and their lives.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-07-2017, 09:53 PM

Hi

I have no idea at all what is going on behind closed doors.

As for you saying reading cannot tell us what they are planning, they are announcing what they are doing.

The people and organisations they are meeting are also giving reports.

The Government have backtracked on the just leave in March 2019.

Even the hardest of the Leave Campaign, Boris, Gove, Liam Fox and David Davis have now accepted that this cannot be done.

You on the other hand are adamant that it can be and that we can collect Tariffs from March 2019.

This is what we have to do.

On leaving the EU’s customs union the UK will have to re-negotiate 295 trade-related agreements with non-EU countries, 202 regulatory cooperation agreements, 69 fisheries agreements, 65 international agreements for airlines, 49 agreements on customs, 45 agreements on nuclear imports and exports including medical isotope, and 34 food and agriculture deals.

If you are of the opinion that it can all be done by March 2019 then you are at odds with even the Hard Line Brexit people in Government.

We obviously disagree on this, so best wait and see where we end up in March 2019.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 10:41 PM

So the truth is out.

We cannot leave the EU after all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2017, 11:38 PM

Not in the short or medium term. In the long term after a struggle we can have a limited withdrawal (more lip service than real). It's really just a waste of money, time and energy without the result anyone who voted for it wanted. But I could have told you that last May. IMO it's like separating Siamese twins when they share vital organs....or when you have a divorce you still have the kids and you never really separate because of them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top