Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 06:34 AM

Threats made about Charlie Gard

Hi

I find this so sick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40691478

These are people who devote their lives to helping sick children and who have to go through the trauma of seeing them dying.

They do not deserve this, they really don't.

The faceless Facebook Warriors need to be dealt with, they are just scum.

Charlie Gard's parents are not helping, his father in particular, demanding Great Ormond Street explain the threats in detail.

I have now lost all sympathy for his parents whatsoever.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:27 AM

Re: Threats made about Charlie Gard

It is a sad fact that demonstrations have shown demonstrators can create a situation where people expect long standing rules to be changed.

If his parents want to take Charlie to the USA, perhaps they should be allowed to do it, on the understanding that, if there is no significant improvement, he should then be allowed to die in America. I am sure that all parents want their child to be given every chance, but where a cure is extremely unlikely, the hospital needs to make a decision on whether the money it costs, to keep Charlie on life support with no hope of recovery, could be better used to cure other very sick children.

The staff and other patients at GOSH have no decision in Charlies Life or death situation, so should be left to deal with other needy patients, instead of getting evil threats and criticisms. The courts say the life support machine can be switched off, so if people object to that they should demonstrate outside the court, leaving other desperately sick children and the people that care for them in peace.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:36 AM

Stupid people getting involved in things that have nothing to do with them.

Most likely just trolls out to cause trouble any way they can..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:46 AM

It's sick but I have so much sympathy for his parents, I never condone threats and violence. They must feel like they have lost their son already, the doctors IMO have no right to stop them taking him home to die or to get treatment elsewhere.

They've decided he will die, does it really matter when and how, in hospital in weeks time when they claim here in pain already, or quickly at home or traveling so he's out of pain sooner ? We don't treat dogs like this ! I have more right to bring my dog home at the end of his life than they do their son ! How can that be right ?

So no threats and violence are wrong but the doctors need to look at their behaviour too IMO . This is tragic all round and they are making it worse for him and his parents.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:48 AM

I can't understand how people can do this .
When there is a tragedy concerning a child it seems to make some strange people do rotten things .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 08:51 AM

I think the whole thing has got ridiculous.
Why don't they just hand the child to its parents and let them pay to take it to the USA if that is their wish so freeing up a valuable bed for children who can be helped .
Children may be dying while waiting for a bed.
Leia
UK
Leia is female  Leia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think the whole thing has got ridiculous.
Why don't they just hand the child to its parents and let them pay to take it to the USA if that is their wish so freeing up a valuable bed for children who can be helped .
Children may be dying while waiting for a bed.
While I agree with what you say, he is not an it.

Also, I can't see the parents standing by allowing his life support to be turned off, cuddling him as he passes. Poor little boy, this media circus has gone on for far too long.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:02 AM

The parents should be allowed to take him home to die he is their child.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2017, 09:04 AM

If question never asked is "would you let a pet continue like this?"
Of course there is the thought that the parents are lapping up the attention and the money donated. The longer they keep the child "alive" and the press interested ,say no more

I make no judgement although I have my own opinion
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2017, 09:09 AM

It's not a pet it's a child their child.
I don't think for one minute it has anything to do with money or attention
Charlie is their little one and the have put up a valiant fight for him.
Now they have to let him go they can do no more .

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top