Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 08:02 AM

Battle lines being drawn in N.I.

All is not well in the scumbag 'nasty party'. Their deal with the DUP could unravel in autumn over the issue of 'Universal Credit' applicability in Northern Ireland. The DUP have indicated their opposition, and if the scumbag 'nasty party' force a vote on it, it is likely they could lose.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rthern-ireland
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 08:36 AM

Re: Battle lines being drawn in N.I.

Why should they not have it?
The rest of the UK has it, perhaps not?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2017, 09:18 AM

Re: Battle lines being drawn in N.I.

I think NI is rather unique I that many do seem to have larger families because of Catholic refusal to allow contraception and abortion. It seems unfair to limit their benefit in ways they limit ours.

I'm not sure this has actually been thought through very well for uk in a whole, it works for secular families or new claimants, but seems harsh and unyielding for people don't believe in abortion or have already got a larger family.

The ones who suffer are the kids.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top