Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-11-2016, 11:33 PM

Re: A story that you may need tissues to read.

Tips very sad, the loss of a child and then perhaps the mother if she couldn't go on

Can I just clarify? The people with the balloons - they weren't actually at the service ?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Missy ->
Tips very sad, the loss of a child and then perhaps the mother if she couldn't go on

Can I just clarify? The people with the balloons - they weren't actually at the service ?
Missy, it is a large church, so I would think that anybody who wanted to join the mourners could. I have no proof of this, but many balloon carriers had children with them, so I imagine that they would have all released the balloons ( maybe together) to demonstrate that this little boy had gone up to heaven.
It was around school lunch time, so maybe some of the children knew him from school.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 07:51 AM

Empathy its what makes us human .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 11:03 AM

It's not often society come together but when we do, we do it well.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's not often society come together but when we do, we do it well.

I agree Dongles.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I still think it would have been better donated to charity. Personally I think funerals are a waste of money, the dead aren't around to appreciate them.
OOer, what would your alternative be then.
Funerals are a way to be able to pay one"s last respects to someone.
I think your post is a bit sad really.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2016, 08:00 PM

Such a sad story Twink, and I think the balloons were a wonderful idea.
Every year at the Memory Day at the hospice where my granddaughter was, balloons are sent up at the end of the day in memory of the each child.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2016, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by JainieB ->
Such a sad story Twink, and I think the balloons were a wonderful idea.
Every year at the Memory Day at the hospice where my granddaughter was, balloons are sent up at the end of the day in memory of the each child.
Thank you, JainieB. That photo of the balloons being released at the hospice made me smile. We can't bring them back, but it shows that they will always be remembered........ so it is quite therapeutic

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top