Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 09:44 AM

More than 40,000 disabled people have had their benefits docked since 2012

The nasty party' have apparently withdrawn benefits from over 40,000 disabled claimants. Such statistic shows how callous, and uncaring the 'nasty party' truly are!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7584161.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 09:52 AM

Re: More than 40,000 disabled people have had their benefits docked since 2012

The reasons they give for sanctioning are pretty ridiculous, the job centre isn't fit for purpose and the people in them have lost all humanity it seems.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 09:57 AM

You ain't seen nothing yet, wait while they privatise the NHS
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 10:07 AM

Uncle Joe , it is dreadful but I must mention a story to you . My friend has a son who claims pip , yet he can ride a motorbike , paint walls and seems he would be able to hold down a job even if it was office work or light work if he wanted too , I've seen him digging the garden , washing his car and much more .A year ago he met a young single mother who has a bad back , to what extent I'm not sure , she also claims pip. Ive never seen her struggling , yet i guess there must he something wrong as both recently had their assessment and their pip was granted again , she also has a car paid for by pip . I'm told that between the two of them they get £2600 a month or thereabouts . I'm not sure if this includes their housing allowance and council tax , but the money they spend is unreal . They holiday constantly . I guess they will live the rest of their life's on this support . I don't understand why they can't be eligible to do light work to contribute . Now I'm not being nasty here I'm being real I've spoken with my friend many times about this and she agrees with me . She herself suffers with huge problems but works and won't claim pip .

These two youngsters are in their early twenties , as I said they will have this income forever and yet it seems so wrong others with disabilities are loosing money .

How can this be ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 10:16 AM

I hesitate to judge people like that as many disabilities are hidden, I had an uncle who pretty much took benefit all his life, if you saw him on his allotment you'd think he was a fit man, but you wouldn't have wanted to work with him as he had a syndrome meant he had fits and after the fit he'd fly into such a rage he was a danger to himself and others. Only happened a couple of times a month but you really wouldn't have wanted to take the chance of him working next to you.

He would have loved to work but the danger he posed was too great. Sadly he died at 35 a fit then he killed himself. The rage got him.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Uncle Joe , it is dreadful but I must mention a story to you . My friend has a son who claims pip , yet he can ride a motorbike , paint walls and seems he would be able to hold down a job even if it was office work or light work if he wanted too , I've seen him digging the garden , washing his car and much more .A year ago he met a young single mother who has a bad back , to what extent I'm not sure , she also claims pip. Ive never seen her struggling , yet i guess there must he something wrong as both recently had their assessment and their pip was granted again , she also has a car paid for by pip . I'm told that between the two of them they get £2600 a month or thereabouts . I'm not sure if this includes their housing allowance and council tax , but the money they spend is unreal . They holiday constantly . I guess they will live the rest of their life's on this support . I don't understand why they can't be eligible to do light work to contribute . Now I'm not being nasty here I'm being real I've spoken with my friend many times about this and she agrees with me . She herself suffers with huge problems but works and won't claim pip .

These two youngsters are in their early twenties , as I said they will have this income forever and yet it seems so wrong others with disabilities are loosing money .

How can this be ?

Isn't it amazing!!! - I raise issues about the despicable 'nasty party's' policies relating to the disabled and everyone responds with stories about people who they consider shouldn't receive disability allowances. If, as you describe they are capable of doing the work you say they do, why then and on what basis have they claimed their disability allowances, what medical evidence have they produced to verify their claims, since the DWP do not just make payments willy, nilly - those claims have to be verified and backed up with medical evidence.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Those people that cheat the system should be grassed on, and reported.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 11:32 AM

Don`t get me started-and blame all politicians. Your assessment---did you get here? Black mark as you can travel,mind you not turning up is also a black mark. Can you walk 10 yards? Yes but anymore is hard. Neutral mark.

And so it goes.

Aha so you have made the effort to turn up in a coffin??? That`s the spirit-passed A1 for benefit. I know I know,I`m a cynic
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

18-02-2017, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Don`t get me started-and blame all politicians. Your assessment---did you get here? Black mark as you can travel,mind you not turning up is also a black mark. Can you walk 10 yards? Yes but anymore is hard. Neutral mark.

And so it goes.

Aha so you have made the effort to turn up in a coffin??? That`s the spirit-passed A1 for benefit. I know I know,I`m a cynic

Not so cynical. Many years ago the DWP established a 'medical centre' on the first floor of a building. There was no lift up to the first floor and any who were called for assessment had to climb. If you were able to reach the assessment centre, you were immediately 'failed' because you had turned. Despicable DWP, but we caught them and they had to withdraw all the cancellations of benefit.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-02-2017, 12:02 PM

Hi

A different viewpoint.

I was seriously injured at work in 1989.

I was compulsorily medically discharged in !991, after 6 operations, told I would never walk or work again.

I appealed and lost, I wanted to work.

I had my disability car.

I had two years of hell, constant physio and exercising at home.

I returned to work, no longer the Buss, started at the bottom, 18 hours a week, on crutches with a 6lb metal leg brace.

In 1995 I got another kicking, on crutches, doing Home Office Immigration Certificates, our Muslim friends, I came across a big scam.

This set me back. however I carried on, went from two crutches to one, then to walking sticks

Then to one stick and my metal brace, then to a lightweight brace and one stick, then to the use of my leg brace occasionally.

I also gave up my disability car as soon as I could, I make my own way in life.

I am still 50% Disabled, but I hide it well.

I have met people from this site, they know me,

I walk but must rest, I only have 5% vision in my right eye, but I drive, I cannot lift more than 40 kilos

If I can do it. why cannot others?

I have every sympathy with the genuinely disabled, I have no sympathy for those who are not.

I like my fishing competitions.

I cannot walk far carrying all my gear.

It intensely annoys when others, who have kept their Blue Badge, carry my gear for me.

I have absolutely no issue with those who genuinely cannot work but want to.

Y would happily pay them more, a genuine living wage.

Those who can and decide not to I have no sympathy at all for.

Perhaps UJ should remember what happened in the former USSR.

Not working when you can is a Criminal Offence, it is called Parasitism.

We should adopt the same system if you are totally disabled you get the basic minimum,

If can only work for 2 hours a day, you get a small area to keep clean, etc etc.

It works.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top