Join for free
Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 01:18 AM

Re: The next round of negotiations.

Originally Posted by Norway ->
I thought T M was trying to get deals? she is a Tory, but you may be right, I dont live there, but just see the E U as trying to make it as difficult as possible to try and prevent a complete destruction of itself. I feel that they will give way alot when they are sure that their message to other possible leavers has got through to them
why wouldn't they act in self-interest and to try to avoid self destruction? It makes sense from their point of view to stick up two fingers to our ridiculous demands. If we were not the ones leaving we'd be applauding.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
why wouldn't they act in self-interest and to try to avoid self destruction? It makes sense from their point of view to stick up two fingers to our ridiculous demands. If we were not the ones leaving we'd be applauding.
In your other post you say that British politicians need to find a compromise position and not take a rigid, polarised position in these negotiations then in your next post ( above) you say it's right hat the EU take a rigid, polarised position and don't have to negotiate away from that!

You can't have it both ways as you are being hypocritical.

Lest you forget we are current members of the EU and pay in lots of money. We should be treated respectfully,.

Whenever I have left a Job, an organisation or a club I've always been treated respectfully, honestly and decently.

I think we have a right to expect the same from the EU and unless you condone that behaviour in life in general you should be angry at them for the nasty, vitriolic and abusive nature of their attitude to the UK.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 08:22 AM

Hi

TM has now said she will not accept EU new arrivals after next March will have settlement rights.

That is fine by me, but actions speak louder than words.

Time to get moving and get the staff and systems in place.

We need new booths and interview rooms at regional airports, where most of them arrive and leave.

They were designed without them as no need.

Liverpool, East Midlands and Doncaster in particular will need alterations.

We also need a computer system capable of handling the numbers and linked to the work permit database.

No point in making empty statements without the means to deliver them.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
More is very often less though.
Not in your case.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

TM has now said she will not accept EU new arrivals after next March will have settlement rights.

That is fine by me, but actions speak louder than words.

Time to get moving and get the staff and systems in place.

We need new booths and interview rooms at regional airports, where most of them arrive and leave.

They were designed without them as no need.

Liverpool, East Midlands and Doncaster in particular will need alterations.

We also need a computer system capable of handling the numbers and linked to the work permit database.

No point in making empty statements without the means to deliver them.
What will happen to people already here ?
Ie all the Romanian big issue sellers that we can't appareantly live without ?
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Not in your case.
On your broomstick and mind your own business.
Norway
i
Norway is male  Norway has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I didnt say they wouldnt act in self interest. I said that they were using delaying tactics etc. to discourage other countries from going down the same line as the U K. Im sure that if some E U countries had seen that it was easy to leave they would be making their own plans.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
In your other post you say that British politicians need to find a compromise position and not take a rigid, polarised position in these negotiations then in your next post ( above) you say it's right hat the EU take a rigid, polarised position and don't have to negotiate away from that!

You can't have it both ways as you are being hypocritical.

Lest you forget we are current members of the EU and pay in lots of money. We should be treated respectfully,.

Whenever I have left a Job, an organisation or a club I've always been treated respectfully, honestly and decently.

I think we have a right to expect the same from the EU and unless you condone that behaviour in life in general you should be angry at them for the nasty, vitriolic and abusive nature of their attitude to the UK.
You're confusing two separate issues.

We should reach a compromise with ourselves so that we as "team Britain" are united in our approach vis-a-vis the EU. How can we negotiate anything if we are split?

If you leave a club and you want to still be taking part in all activities for free then you'd expect the club to be a little difficult. If you tell the club to tear up the rule book just for you don't expect them to embrace you.

The behaviour we see from the EU is a reflection of our own political behaviour towards them. They are understandably frustrated with our indecisive and erratic approach. They are bemused by our lack of judgement. The world is shaking it's head in dismay. Even Trump has said we need to get our act together. You can't expect the EU to be accommodating when we are the ones flouncing off. It's all very well us playing the victim, but we are in fact the perpetrator of this mess.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

01-02-2018, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What will happen to people already here ?
Ie all the Romanian big issue sellers that we can't appareantly live without ?
They will have the rights they do now.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-02-2018, 10:38 AM

In this morning's Mail......

"It came as Jean-Claude Juncker gave his strongest admission yet that the EU could be forced to cave in to UK demands for a comprehensive trade deal.

Despite previously advocating a hard-line approach, the European Commission president said Brussels would have to grant Britain ‘extras’ amid pressure from businesses not to harm trading links. He said the EU wanted to ‘make the UK a privileged partner’."

Common sense at last?

Page 4 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top