Join for free
Page 36 of 36 « First < 26 34 35 36
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 12:09 AM

Re: Energy: SMART Meters

We'll have to see. Pardon me if this dimwit doesn't take your word for it.

If the uptake on smart meters isn't forthcoming no company will dare raise their prices for fear of losing customers. In any event, my bills won't rise 'stratospherically' as apart from my fridge and electric shower my electricity requirements are minimal.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 12:26 PM

I don't want a smart meter as the suggested consequences are very believable.
My supplier, EDF, keep offering me a smart meter and sound as if they're doing me a big favour!
I really don't have any need for one of these things and so will continue to ignore their kind offers. Time will tell.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 01:09 PM

But you get a gizmo to play around with lol.

I'll never get a smart meter - I believe they will hike the prices up at some stage.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:30 PM

Energy companies are under immense pressure from the government who have tasked them with rolling out Smart Meters by 2020. If they fail they have huge financial penalties. With so many people "awake" and refusing these wicked meters it looks very much like they WILL fail. Unless of course the government starts mandating them . . . .

It's high time the population stood up to this kind of blatant corrupt exploitation for greed. There needs to be a revolution.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:46 PM

I had a call from Scottish Power today following up on my complaint about the agressive sales techniques of its telesales staff and his insistence that meters would be compulsory by 2020.
The lady was very apologetic and informed me that was not correct and that my phone number would be removed and that I would receive no more calls with regards to smart meters.
This evening I received an email about booking an appointment to fit a smart meter...bastards
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I had a call from Scottish Power today following up on my complaint about the agressive sales techniques of its telesales staff and his insistence that meters would be compulsory by 2020.
The lady was very apologetic and informed me that was not correct and that my phone number would be removed and that I would receive no more calls with regards to smart meters.
This evening I received an email about booking an appointment to fit a smart meter...bastards
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 09:50 PM

I must admit that a lot of the advice given on here has certainly helped me in fending off my energy supplier and it’s telesales staff, so thanks all
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 10:53 PM

Oh dear, you do make me laugh Rehab.
Poor you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Visit Cheap Energy Club and sign up - it's free!

They will do a comparison and show you the cheapest options. If you want to change supplier, they will do it and also remind you when your tariff is about to end and give you another comparison if you want to change again.

We should all change suppliers regularly, as they know nothing of loyalty.
It's not just about money though, customer service is important too.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-10-2018, 11:32 PM

If I were you, I'd call them every hour on the hour to remind them that you don't want one of their ridiculous smart meters. They'll get pretty fed up after a bit, and then you can explain why!

Fight fire with fire.

Page 36 of 36 « First < 26 34 35 36

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top