Join for free
Page 27 of 63 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2015, 06:35 PM

Re: Film - the most recent you have seen?

WE go most Wednesday"s with Orange 2 for 1. Obvoiusly it has to be something we want to see. The last movie was "Wild", okay but not totally to my taste.
Next Wednesday will go and see "Mortdecai" with Jonny Depp, I like him as every part he plays is different,
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 11:50 PM

Started going to the flix again in recent weeks and to begin with I found the size of the screen and surround sound quite alarming.

I'm now getting used to it (5 films so far) and tonight we saw Ex-Machina .... Hmmmmmmm .... disappointing.

LOVED 'Whiplash' .... no it's not anything like the T V series with Peter Graves ... Lol

This film is one we all want to see again ... especially moi, cos my dad was a drummer (evenings/weekends annat).
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-01-2015, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
WE go most Wednesday"s with Orange 2 for 1. Obvoiusly it has to be something we want to see. The last movie was "Wild", okay but not totally to my taste.
Next Wednesday will go and see "Mortdecai" with Jonny Depp, I like him as every part he plays is different,
Not yet seen 'Wild' which may not be to my taste either. I enjoy those 'being in the wilderness' kind of films but get the impression that this may be slightly lacking.

'Mortdecai' is next week I think.

I'm not a fan of Jonny Depp but a friend who sometimes works at one of the film studios says he's a really nice guy AND very wonderful in the flesh lol... she had no idea who he was when she first passed him at the sudio but was astonished by his looks !
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Started going to the flix again in recent weeks and to begin with I found the size of the screen and surround sound quite alarming.

I'm now getting used to it (5 films so far) and tonight we saw Ex-Machina .... Hmmmmmmm .... disappointing.

LOVED 'Whiplash' .... no it's not anything like the T V series with Peter Graves ... Lol

This film is one we all want to see again ... especially moi, cos my dad was a drummer (evenings/weekends annat).
Why didn't u like 'Ex Machina' Rachel? I was just recommending to the kids, thought it sounded pretty cool ..
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 08:55 AM

Just watched two films the other night. Angela's Ashes and The Magdalene Sisters. Bleak and grim viewing, but very true, which I like.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 10:54 AM

The Pianist - when it first came out.....
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

28-01-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by jodie ->
Why didn't u like 'Ex Machina' Rachel? I was just recommending to the kids, thought it sounded pretty cool ..
It was a bit slow and kind of lacking somehow.
I spent most of the time wanting the chap to cut his beard shorter ! Lol

Special effects were good and wotserface (dunno her name) was very watchable ... Lovely face. Reminded me of Sigrid Thornton.

The ending was unsatisfactory ... not read the book
Madamenotmiss
BROOKLYN
Madamenotmiss is female  Madamenotmiss has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 09:35 PM

Watched ' White Noise ' with Michael Keaton last nite.

Not seen much of him lately, but this may be his year, as he was nominated for BirdMan for best actor at the Oscars, which we watch every single year, as both my Dad and I are massive film lovers.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by MADAMENOTMISS ->
Flightplan with Jody Foster and Sean Bean. Liked it !
Excellent film - Jodie Foster is a really good actress.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan ->
The Wolf of Wall Street for a second viewing. Very entertaining tale of excesses. Don't watch if you're offended by bad language.
I didn't like that one at all - language aside - I found it rather boring.

Page 27 of 63 « First < 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top