Join for free
Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 10:40 PM

Re: Old photographs

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its over 30 years for me Tiff - I'd get lost now
Do you remember the film Billy Liar and Tom Courtenay in the bosses office when the boss was out, slagging him off when he said he (Courtenay) was off to London "London! a Man could lose himself in London, loose himself, looooose himselfa, looooose himselfffaa" the boss is then standing behind him, I'm always in stitches when I see that part.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Providing you had a steady hand when you placed it in the scaner that is.
A scanner wouldn't alter the perspective, you may put the photo in twisted, but the perspective wouldn't be altered.

It usually happens when you take a photo of a photo.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 06:04 PM

I stand corrected. I know nothing about photography, I just point & shoot.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 07:17 PM

Tiffany

Photography is my hobby, but one thing it does do at that makes one look at someing and not just see it. There is a big difference, for example most would look at a flower see the colour-height and smell it then move on.

Looking at it would be seeing the number of petals- the leaves on the stem - the best way to photograph it depending on how the light falls on it- if there was and decay anywhere and view it from many angles before taking the picture.

Ok a poor example I know but this is what photography ,in my case, has taught me.

Even taking a general photo of something, by moving a few feet to one side or another can produce a completely different picture
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 08:54 PM

There was a keen photographer on here from America, his name was Bobmeilke, he hasn't posted for a few years though, I don't know what became of him but he posted some good photos.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy ->
There was a keen photographer on here from America, his name was Bobmeilke, he hasn't posted for a few years though, I don't know what became of him but he posted some good photos.
I remember Bob too Jimmy he took some fantastic photos and showed them regularly here, loved his tigers and lions. I believe he has his own website for his photos now.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

31-01-2015, 01:20 PM

I think this photo is 1948-1950. it was taken in Dublin city centre, the tenements in Gardiner Street.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 07:13 PM

Bobmeilke is/was on virtually every photographic web site. Personally I didn't get on with him on another site. All his photos he thinks are fantastic and did not like any criticism.

Maybe there is a reason why he is not on so many sites now, think about it , I shan't say any more
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 07:26 PM

Great picture Jem
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2015, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Bobmeilke is/was on virtually every photographic web site. Personally I didn't get on with him on another site. All his photos he thinks are fantastic and did not like any criticism.

Maybe there is a reason why he is not on so many sites now, think about it , I shan't say any more
Didn't see the need for your post at all - he may be proud of his photos and why not
Why should he accept criticism .......

Page 10 of 22 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 20 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top