Join for free
Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 07:29 PM

Re: 7 facts about me

It proves what i've always said. Most of us could write a book!
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Anita ->
Pats love yours too, married at 17, been together all that time. I'm thinking your career is health related judging by your posts and avatar. Was your TV appearance related to that?
Thank you Anita.

And in answer to Jazzi too...yes one of my appearances was as a 'medical spokesperson' ... the other was when we were snowed in (and I mean snowed in) ....the regional TV news film crew flew in by helicopter to film the village.
I happened to be walking my dogs or more like clambering over snow drifts with my dogs, they interviewed me asking about the difficulties we were experiencing being cut off.
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 07:55 PM

What a great drama series all these would make - 1 episode each on all of these lives - it'd be fantastic. History / dramatic events/ colourful times, unbeatable human spirit. (I'd like Carey Mulligan to play me please, she is a lot cuter .. hehe)
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 08:48 PM

Jodie were you an art teacher? Are you still making art or involved in any way?
I've found the facts and stories so interesting and also so positive, in the main people's lives are a testimony to what you can achieve.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 09:35 PM

I will post later , haven't figured what I want say yet.((hug))
jodie
UK
jodie is female  jodie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 09:44 PM

Jodie were you an art teacher? Are you still making art or involved in any way?.
No I actually trained as a primary school teacher, that's all you could do with 5 'O' levels. I got into portrait painting a while back tho & did well with that, no end of people wanting portraits of themselves or their pets. But not being properly trained it was taking me forever to finish each one, I got fedup with it after a while, it's quite isolating & I'd had too much of my own company as the kids were growing up, wanted to get out more.
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 09:53 PM

Jodie were you an art teacher? Are you still making art or involved in any way?
I've found the facts and stories so interesting and also so positive, in the main people's lives are a testimony to what you can achieve.
Anita, like on the other site, I should have said if you acknowledge it, then you have to post yours
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 11:01 PM

1. I like cats (but am going off mine as she keeps biting me)
  2. I have been teaching since the 80s (now part-time).
  3. I have no sense of direction.
  4. I love pink.
  5. I would really like a herb garden.
  6. I am a member of the grammar police.
  7. I love reading whodunits - especially historical ones.
  8. I can't count to seven.
Anita
Midlands, UK
Anita is female  Anita has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2015, 11:26 PM

Oh sorry, I was enjoying all the interesting stories. Seriouly I'm as ordinary as they come, haven't got any interesting facts at all to tell. I did start to write them on the thread but TBH they were even boring me.
Kitty my cat used to nip me when he was younger, he did it if he was handled too much or if he got a bit over excited when playing with his toys.
Young cats have such a strong instinct to practice using their teeth that they forget sometimes and use them when they shouldn't.
kittylion
Lancashire, United Kingdom
kittylion is female  kittylion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2015, 11:59 AM

Anita - surely your seven facts couldn't be more boring than mine!

My cat isn't young now - she must be about five - and she starts gentle nipping when she thinks she ought to be fed. Her mealtimes have got earlier and earlier until she is now into deficit eating!

Another ploy is to sit on my laptop or knock all my things off the table (sigh).

Page 6 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top