Join for free
Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
Enya
Suffolk
Enya is female  Enya has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 12:29 PM

Re: Why don't the Royal's help more?

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
I will probably get shot down in flames but i feel it needs to be said. With all the cash the Royals have why don't they help our homeless such as the veterans instead of the poor sods sleeping rough on the streets. The huge properties they live in why not downsize and turn one over to the homeless to be converted into flats. If the Royals love the people then prove it.
The royals own : sandringham castle, balmoral castle (that have 1 house and 2 lodges) in the grounds. Princess royal owns gatcombe park.prince Charles owns Birkhall. There are around 14 other places which the crown or duchy of Cornwall own. The queen isn't even in the top 300 wealthiest people.
So why not mention,Richard Branson, duke of Westminster and the Barclay twins all of which are in the top 25 richest people with property they can open up to veterans
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 12:45 PM

Whilst there are exceptions such as Branson ( self made) I think you will find many /most of the other richest families actually owe their wealth to there theifdoms granted in the past from old kings and queens
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 12:49 PM

There will always be the haves & have nowts in this land. It's a class thing.
Personally as long as I have enough to live on I don't care what the Royals & other rich people do with their money. Selfish perhaps, but that's me.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Enya ->
The royals own : sandringham castle, balmoral castle (that have 1 house and 2 lodges) in the grounds. Princess royal owns gatcombe park.prince Charles owns Birkhall. There are around 14 other places which the crown or duchy of Cornwall own. The queen isn't even in the top 300 wealthiest people.
So why not mention,Richard Branson, duke of Westminster and the Barclay twins all of which are in the top 25 richest people with property they can open up to veterans
Very true Enya and i agree they could also help the homeless veterans however we are the Queen's subjects and so in my opinion the Royals should help the homeless. We are not the subjects of Richard Branson or the Barclay brothers this is why i never mentioned these rich so and so's.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 01:53 PM

I only know one Royal and she is charming. She asked me to hold her dogs while she put the kettle on.
Enya
Suffolk
Enya is female  Enya has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 02:05 PM

"Under the 1994 Maastricht treaty we all became "citizens" of the European Union"
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Enya ->
"Under the 1994 Maastricht treaty we all became "citizens" of the European Union"
Yes and what a ballsup that turned out to be.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
There are plenty of rich people in our country - why pick on the Royals?

The Queen's 90 and still working for goodness sake!
Because she wants too.
She has any amount of other royals who can do what she does.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 02:51 PM

Why just single out the royals? what about other super rich people? Actually in the league of richness the royals are not as wealthy as you might think... have to admit though I wouldn't mind being a few quid behind them
Heatherbelle
Canada
Heatherbelle is female  Heatherbelle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-12-2016, 03:05 PM

I believe most people find it difficult to associate “hard work” with the type of work Royals do. They are chauffeured around, stay in top class hotels, wear expensive clothing, someone looks after them constantly while they are at “work”. On the other hand, the common worker, drive themselves, stay at modest/cheap hotels or campsites, wear mediocare clothing and look after themselves 24/7. Seems like a huge difference. Working and actually accomplishing goals is one thing, making appearances and cutting ribbons, etc. is another in my opinion. And yes, it would make a tremendous difference to their subjects if they actually donated some land or a property and made a concrete effort rather than looking important.

Page 4 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top