Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 06:16 AM

Re: Mobile phone.

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
Plus the fact many of us don't want dongles for internet access, preferring the landline connection for broadband.
That is the point of the NBN no dongles just a rent free fibre connection to my home - 100/40Mbs is nice. Copper is so yesterday :-P I suppose it has nostalgia value
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-10-2014, 01:05 PM

If you download Whatsapp on your phone you can send photos and text messages for free if you turn on Wifi on your phone. Obviously your family and friends must have Whatsapp on theirs but it does save money especially photos which cost more than a text message.
BoyRacer
Scotland,UK
BoyRacer is male  BoyRacer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2014, 02:29 PM

I've got a very basic mobile my brother gave me when he renewed his contract a few years ago. I switched to Sainsburys mobile in April and put £10 on it. I still have about £9.30 left
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 07:53 PM

I've got a smart phone, a Sony Experia and would't bw without it. I have a sim only contract with Vodafone and pay £9 a month. 4G. I have whatsApp and get photos from my GD of my two great grandsons, two of my daughter's have it too, so I goet photos from them too.
My friends do tell me I'm as bad as the young with it.
I have two sister's who both have them, but one can't work out how to use it. the other uses it only for emergencies.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2015, 07:58 PM

ive just got a second hand Iphone , and ive got Whatsapp really good , use it on my home WIFI, not got a contract yet ,using up my credit on my old phone ..
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2015, 05:38 PM

Resurrecting this thread.

I couldn't do away with the landline as I have family members - elderly ones, and those with limited funds - who couldn't/wouldn't ring me on a mobile for chatting. In any case one Uncle and Aunt I'm not even sure if they own a mobile.

I've seen a basic Nokia in Sainsburys on Vodafone for just £15m, so they really are inexpensive.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top