Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 01:36 PM

Re: A Word of Warning.

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I don't think it's paranoia though when something is clearly happening. It shouldn't stop normal life obviously but there are and always have been people out there willing to harm children and we have such a system now they can easily get away so we have to be on alert more IMO
James Bulger 'springs' to mind !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by comeandgo ->
Two my grandsons 12 and 10 are experiencing the sort of childhood I had where not being wrapped up in cotton wool is concerned, and all the better for it. They are expected to take responsibility for their own actions and be sensible.
Mine do too but we are talking about small children here, by 10-12 mine would/will be much more independent but 0-6 or 7 I am like a hawk.
comeandgo
The universe
comeandgo is female 

26-10-2014, 03:01 PM

We didn't wrap our kids up either, they walked to school by themselves from the age of five as I did. When the youngest was seven she foolishly ran across the road without looking and was knocked down by a Range Rover. She wasn't badly hurt and got a serious telling off, and made to apologise to the driver. She walked to school by herself again the next day.

When our two younger daughters were 11 and 9, they came running home from their primary school to tell me a man had tried to entice them into his car with a promise of showing them his puppies. Very sensibly they declined his offer and ran home. After praising them for being sensible, I phoned the police who sent a couple of detectives to interview the girls. A child had been abducted in a nearby town. They still walked to school by themselves the next day.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top