Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 09:51 AM

Re: Fireworks !

Yes I agree we had a very disturbed night with fireworks and scared dog, Elsie's first year of them and she isn't happy girl. Kept Grace awake too as her bedroom is at the front where it was noisiest so she is half asleep this morning don't think she will make it through church and stay awake !
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 09:53 AM

A few fireworks were going off here last night around midnight, no doubt that is going to be the norm now until the 5th .....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yes I agree we had a very disturbed night with fireworks and scared dog, Elsie's first year of them and she isn't happy girl. Kept Grace awake too as her bedroom is at the front where it was noisiest so she is half asleep this morning don't think she will make it through church and stay awake !
Its not right at all, used to be December 5th and that was it, I would accept New Years Eve too - but I don't accept October through to January, they are a bloomin menace.
Its hard enough getting to sleep so when you do, it would be nice to stay that way. People are so inconsiderate and that's a fact !
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 11:16 AM

You should try living here, itīs firework country, virtually every night they are going off for some fiesta or other, but they are mostly from organised displays. We get some fantastic views but oh how I wish they wouldnīt have the ones that sound like cannons being fired. Mostly they are 5/6 miles away from us but because we are high and everywhere is clear we can still see and hear them. Little Muffin was never bothered by them, he would sit on the steps and watch but ChoCho is terrified, sheīs never got used to them. Personally I could quite happily live without them.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
You should try living here, itīs firework country, virtually every night they are going off for some fiesta or other, but they are mostly from organised displays. We get some fantastic views but oh how I wish they wouldnīt have the ones that sound like cannons being fired. Mostly they are 5/6 miles away from us but because we are high and everywhere is clear we can still see and hear them. Little Muffin was never bothered by them, he would sit on the steps and watch but ChoCho is terrified, sheīs never got used to them. Personally I could quite happily live without them.
Yes of course - what a performance, is there never any complaints ....?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I managed to get off to sleep and then - 12 midnight off they go - couldn't get back to sleep, had to get up, went back 3.30am. They should be fined for using fireworks so late !

Yes, I agree with that Patsy. I don't think it would be policeable though, because by the time the cops got to an area the kids would be long gone.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-10-2014, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yes of course - what a performance, is there never any complaints ....?
I have never heard of any complaints, itīs only us moaning Brits I think who complain, but then again many of the local British bars have events at which they have fireworks. Never a dull moment eh!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I have never heard of any complaints, itīs only us moaning Brits I think who complain, but then again many of the local British bars have events at which they have fireworks. Never a dull moment eh!
Probably being a case of well used to it and expected ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I agree with that Patsy. I don't think it would be policeable though, because by the time the cops got to an area the kids would be long gone.
Yes - fair point, well if they're passing and catch them
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2014, 12:04 PM

My Dog is already in Meltdown with all the ones going off up here, a friend told me to try ADAPIL to calm him and it seems to be working. You can get it in Tablet, Spray, Diffuser, Collar. Here's a link to the Ebay ones you can also get it on Amazon..
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Dog-Suppli...c&LH_PrefLoc=1

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top