Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2018, 11:55 PM

Animal Rescue from Circus in Guatemala

Illegal now in Guatemala, shame England can't do the same. No more performing for these lovely animals.

Live @ 30 mins ago.

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalDefen...video_explicit
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 12:00 AM

Re: Animal Rescue from Circus in Guatemala

yes it is about time that circus had their day - I have for some time been more in favor of Lion parks or that ilk?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 12:11 AM

Did you ever see the footage of the 33 circus lions the same charity rescued from Peru and Columbia ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNFICfbyHCw

Those lions all went back to Africa, but none able to be introduced to the wild .
These lions ( I think they have nine now from Guatemala (rescued last week) will also go to Africa and some tigers to Big Cat Rescue, don't know about the rest of them yet.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 12:15 AM

wasn't it god who said - " I give you dominion over all animals"?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

14-06-2018, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
wasn't it god who said - " I give you dominion over all animals"?
Watch the video above.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

14-06-2018, 12:28 AM

fantastic - very emotional
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Illegal now in Guatemala, shame England can't do the same. No more performing for these lovely animals.

Live @ 30 mins ago.

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalDefen...video_explicit
As far as I know there are no more big cats performing in uk circus .Only two circus have animal licences -these will expire in 2020 and will not be renewed .
(They do not have any big cats or elephants )
However these old circus people such as the Chipperfields may well keep lions at home.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK

14-06-2018, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
As far as I know there are no more big cats performing in uk circus .Only two circus have animal licences -these will expire in 2020 and will not be renewed .
(They do not have any big cats or elephants )
However these old circus people such as the Chipperfields may well keep lions at home.
Chipperfield has 2 lions and a tiger. One died last year in mysterious circumstances. The animals are apparently kept in Cannock, next to the motorway in cramped unnatural conditions,and he has been refused a licence . At the same time, there is no ban in Wales, which is where he has been known to overwinters them . To see the conditions in the winter is horrific, but he goes abroad and leaves them to someone else .
Whilst there is still no ban in England and Wales, it means that foreign animal circuses can travel around and perform if they wish. Chipperfield can also take his animals abroad to Europe , thus avoiding the future ban here.
Peter Jolly is another and his horses are kept in a terrible state. Unfortunately they won't come under wild animal. He should be banned from having any animals. Circus Mondeo is another animal circus but no longer big cats....just camels , zebra, foxes etc. Which to my mind is just as bad.

Peter Jolly's Circus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeZTAzQDQQ8
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 02:12 AM

I can’t even read about this, I find it too depressing.
No animals should be caged for mere entertainment purposes. It’s cruel .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2018, 06:02 AM

I really can't believe anyone goes to circus these days.
They are dated and pale in comparison to modern amusements.
The Peter jolly video was grim but nothing in comparison with the next one on circus animals in the US.
And let's not even mention Eastern Europe .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top