Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:06 AM

How Old Were You, When You Left Home?

I was 23yrs old when I left home, to get married.
How old were you? Why did you leave?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:09 AM

Re: How Old Were You, When You Left Home?

I was 19, moved away the the city and moved into a flat with my friends 4 lads and one lass. Escaped from an unhappy home life was the reason.

Great fun and learned a deal about independence.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I was 23yrs old when I left home, to get married.
How old were you? Why did you leave?
Home left me when I was fifteen !
My mother had died when I was eleven, so when my dad died I was orphaned with no family, so I went to live with an old couple as a lodger...they were very kind to me.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:17 AM

Three weeks short of fifteen-and-a-half.
I signed up with the Royal Air Force as a Boy Entrant for 12 years service, plus 2 years training.

I couldn't wait to leave home, and never regretted it.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:17 AM

Good question.

I was 20 and I went with a friend of mine to work in Spain.
We had a one way ticket to Barcelona from London and £19
in our pockets
I went away because I couldn't stand living at home anymore
with my Dad who had a severe stroke when I was 16.
So being a teenager was not the greatest thing I ever lived through.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:31 AM

I was 28 when I left home, did not see any reason to leave before then home life was good, I had a good life.

But had a big row with my mother over something don't know what and said I was leaving. To be honest there was no bad feelings I found a flat that day parents supplied me with lots of stuff to set me up. I don't think I was old enough to do it before then.

I worked in an office during the day and got a job in a pub on a night time. Working in the pub brought me out of myself, met lots of new people and joined the darts team which got me going out which I did not do much of before then.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:42 AM

I left home when I got married at the age of 18.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 10:46 AM

I left home at 17. It was very easy in those far off days of the mid 60s. I shared a flat for 2 Guineas a week (£2/2/0d in old money) and was earning £10 a week, so still had plenty of money for food, clothes, records and running my motorbike. Fantastic times!
I met my first wife at about this time and we got married during the hippy summer of 1967 when we were both 19. At 21, we both decided to get some more education and went to university.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 11:13 AM

I was nearly 25 when I left to get married.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2016, 11:39 AM

I was 21 when i left to get married to my childhood sweetheart. 54 years later i'm considering leaving home again!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top