Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 02:33 PM

Re: "Marine A" sentence

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
If Marine A had strode into an area and shot an unarmed and non-threatening civilian, I could understand people's reaction but he didn't do that. He shot a member of the Taliban who was trying to shoot him. Are any of the Taliban worthy of being called innocent?
He shot a wounded man who was no threat at that time according to the reports.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Really see the need for some sort of legislation now on who can set up petitions because trying to over turn a legal judgement with a petition seems deluded in the extreme to me. We set up a legal system to judge and set sentences we can't then decide we don't agree and set up petitions

Best post I have ever read on this site.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
He shot a wounded man who was no threat at that time according to the reports.
I still wouldn't be overly critical of him. None of us can say, with any certainty, how we may react in that type of situation.
tomcat
Bristol uk
tomcat is male  tomcat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 05:23 PM

He was fighting an enemy in a combat zone, that would have done the same to him or worse ..
My thoughts are with him and his family and I fully support the petition..
and there are thousands of people that think likewise ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Best post I have ever read on this site.
Thank goodness we have people that 'recognise' the legal system does not always get it right and 'eventually' get the innocent released .......
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-12-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by tomcat ->
He was fighting an enemy in a combat zone, that would have done the same to him or worse ..
My thoughts are with him and his family and I fully support the petition..
and there are thousands of people that think likewise ..
Whether you like it or not - they are supposed to take prisoners, not behave like the taliban or any other terrorist ....

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top