Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 10:10 AM

Re: Allotments trashed

Hi

We have slashed our Police Force, part of Austerity.

Live with it.

If you want more Police, up goes the Tax.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
No, they are just spoken to by plot holders, but I don't think any more action wwas taken. I know one group of foreign women had strayed onto a friend's plot, she did report to the Allotment's Officer, who replied 'right, they're getting their final warning'. They'd previously dumped bags of rubbish on the main path.

However, as our AO has been on sick leave for several months we have no idea if she has given the warning to them, so even if thefts or straying onto other plots are reported, we are not confident anything happens.
Funny! You hear similar things on the police programmes on the TV. He's had a final warning, so he's going to get another final warning now.

I don't know why the police bother. The courts certainly don't.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 12:50 PM

Hi

In times of old, life was very different.

We used to go scrumping, nicking apples, nothing was safe.

We would not however damage anything.

The local Copper knew exactly where we were and we used to get a slap across our calves, no point in going home until the red wore off, as you would get another from your Mum.

Those days have now unfortunately gone.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2017, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

In times of old, life was very different.

We used to go scrumping, nicking apples, nothing was safe.

We would not however damage anything.

The local Copper knew exactly where we were and we used to get a slap across our calves, no point in going home until the red wore off, as you would get another from your Mum.

Those days have now unfortunately gone.
Yes, that's exactly the situation I remember.

The country has been ruined in the meantime, and those most responsible are the PC do-gooders.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 12:46 PM

There was an incident, up at a local Golf Course, where a group of hooligans went in and wrecked the grass on one of the greens.

The club was not happy about this as greens can cost many hundreds of pounds to get right.

The club guessed that the yobs might come back so they installed a camera in a tree next to path which passers by would use most.

Within a week, the baddies came back and wrecked the green again - this time in full view of the camera.

After identification, the club, apparently considered a private action against the perps but went with a public case instead.

The perps were found guilty and they were given a community order to work with the club to fix the damage.

I understand that one of them was so good that he was given a full time job, by the club, at the end of the comm service.

Some lessons there?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
There was an incident, up at a local Golf Course, where a group of hooligans went in and wrecked the grass on one of the greens.

The club was not happy about this as greens can cost many hundreds of pounds to get right.

The club guessed that the yobs might come back so they installed a camera in a tree next to path which passers by would use most.

Within a week, the baddies came back and wrecked the green again - this time in full view of the camera.

After identification, the club, apparently considered a private action against the perps but went with a public case instead.

The perps were found guilty and they were given a community order to work with the club to fix the damage.

I understand that one of them was so good that he was given a full time job, by the club, at the end of the comm service.

Some lessons there?
Absolutely I've long thought make them make it right and meet the victims, many crimes could be treated like that but I'm a dogooder and that's bad apparently
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2017, 03:07 PM

We need more people who "Do Good" , Julie, trouble is that the perps are often embarrassed, at being found out, and hide behind these snide put downs as a way of "winning".

Maybe there should be a topic on that subject.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top