Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 08:02 AM

Re: Water or wine?

I thought you had very little rain in Aus Plopps? is there enough water to take baths? Not suggested you smell or anything.

Runs for the hills
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
I like that theory.

I am looking for someone who can turn my water into wine.
I am sure there was such a person a LONG time ago.
Sweetie darlin' - a large bucket filled with water. Add: 1 bag of sugar, 2 tsp yeast, 1Tblsp Marmite, 2 lb Blackberries. Stir vigourously for five minutes. Place lid on bucket and store in a warm place (NB an airing cupboard is too warm!!!)

After a few weeks the must (liquid) will have ceased fermentation and start to clear. Carefully syphon off into a clean (sterilised) demijohn, place the airlock firmly in the neck and replace in storage for another few weeks. Eventually when all fermentation has ceased the liquid is clear, again syphon off into another clean (sterilised) demijohn - voila!!! - you have succeeded in turning water into wine!!!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I thought you had very little rain in Aus Plopps? is there enough water to take baths? Not suggested you smell or anything.

Runs for the hills
Funny you should say that, I am a little on the nose right now after working hard all day long. I'm just about to have a shower. No shortage of H2O for that purpose, but one must not waste it.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Norway ->
ohhhhh think all your water has been through someone else first!! So nice to think that ours is crystal clear from 95 meters down. nobody else has been near it
Ours isn't second hand, we sit on a very large aquifer.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Sweetie darlin' - a large bucket filled with water. Add: 1 bag of sugar, 2 tsp yeast, 1Tblsp Marmite, 2 lb Blackberries. Stir vigourously for five minutes. Place lid on bucket and store in a warm place (NB an airing cupboard is too warm!!!)

After a few weeks the must (liquid) will have ceased fermentation and start to clear. Carefully syphon off into a clean (sterilised) demijohn, place the airlock firmly in the neck and replace in storage for another few weeks. Eventually when all fermentation has ceased the liquid is clear, again syphon off into another clean (sterilised) demijohn - voila!!! - you have succeeded in turning water into wine!!!
I thought you just trod on grapes.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 04:22 PM

No Sweetie darlin' - not quite as simple as that - needs a lot of work and everything has to be thoroughly cleaned and sterilised before using.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2017, 04:46 PM

No Sweetie darlin' - not quite as simple as that - needs a lot of work and everything has to be thoroughly cleaned and sterilised before using.
Well, you can make some for me.

My late Father used to make wine. Any that he was not happy with, went into a weird thing in his shed. Pipes coming from a pressure cooker. The result was a clear liquid that could knock your head off!
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK

14-10-2017, 05:05 PM

Well, you can make some for me.

My late Father used to make wine. Any that he was not happy with, went into a weird thing in his shed. Pipes coming from a pressure cooker. The result was a clear liquid that could knock your head off!

Yes Sweetie darlin' - called a still!!! At one time it was unlawful to produce your own spirits, but that changed some years ago and providing you only made it for your own consumption and not in commercial quantities, HMRC left you alone.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

14-10-2017, 07:00 PM

Yes Sweetie darlin' - called a still!!! At one time it was unlawful to produce your own spirits, but that changed some years ago and providing you only made it for your own consumption and not in commercial quantities, HMRC left you alone.
Hmm, still waters run deep.
Sorry I could not resist that.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2017, 02:31 AM

So that's what that Jesus bloke did? First he trod on water than on grapes and bingo, a bucket of wine for his mates.

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top