Join for free
Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 09:25 AM

Re: Barmier: "The EU will not move one millimetre"

Originally Posted by Greenhorn ->
I think the point Julie may be making is that 'we' played by the rules. We didn't go out of our way to break the rules because it suited us better at the time. In fact, in the true British Tradition of fair play, we "were more Catholic than the pope".

The sooner this charade ends, the better in my opinion. The EU should realise that when a net contributor to their inflated budget leaves, there is bound to be a financial price to pay not only for the one leaving but also for those remaining in the union.
Hi

The EU is already changing as a result of Brexit.

Both Germany and France are clamping down on workers arriving from within the EU, changes to their Benefits Systems.

The EU has already not only recovered our Contributions, they are in profit by taking our Banking Services away.

Unless we get a deal by November, our Insurance Services are moving as well.

Much of our inward investment is Foreign Companies building factories here to have a Tariff Free Base in the EU.

Once we leave, we lose that advantage, they can just build new factories in the EU.

We had the opportunity to be do really well from Brexit, to become a huge Singapore off the Coast of the EU.

We have now stated that we will not cut Corporation Tax, so have now lost that opportunity.

It saddens me that our Politicians have messed this up.

The Maths is really very simple.

If we had delayed Article 50 by a year and chucked £400 million into getting everything ready, we could have walked away with nothing to pay and ready to go.

There would have been no Transition Period, we are now asking for one and having to pay through the nose for it.

This offends me, I do not want to pay Juncker and Co a penny.

Juncker was the Prime Minister of the biggest Tax Haven in the EU, Luxembourg, an incredibly wealthy Country.

We could have taken all that money from them and transferred it here.

We haven't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 09:28 AM

You think they would have let us do that, any negotiations with other countries that could help us after leaving they clamped down on and said we couldn't do it. If we'd tried to do what you say they would have stopped us I can promise they aren't letting us out without punishing us as much as they can. With remainers doing the negotiating we really are not getting out easily.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
You think they would have let us do that, any negotiations with other countries that could help us after leaving they clamped down on and said we couldn't do it. If we'd tried to do what you say they would have stopped us I can promise they aren't letting us out without punishing us as much as they can. With remainers doing the negotiating we really are not getting out easily.
Hi

Once we leave what we do is nothing at all to do with the EU, we are free agents.

We can do what we want.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 10:58 AM

I know that's only bright point on the horizon but they have to let us go first. USA Australia various other countries want to trade, it's rude we are saying can't talk to you until we are out. We should be preparing for it now !
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I know that's only bright point on the horizon but they have to let us go first. USA Australia various other countries want to trade, it's rude we are saying can't talk to you until we are out. We should be preparing for it now !
The words 'they have to let us go' is, in my opinion, nonsense. They cannot stop us from leaving. In fact, we are delaying our leaving ourselves due to our wimpy politicians. We could, if we want, leave right now and stop paying their demands.

I do agree, though, that we should be arranging trade deals with as many non-EU countries as are willing - right now. What can Brussels do? Kick us out?

In fact, I am convinced that after Brexit they will want to trade with us themselves. Not the politicians, of course; all they want to do is punish us and grab as much of our money as they can. I mean the manufacturers and businessmen of the EU countries. They still see the advantages of remaining on good terms with us.

Perhaps even before the 'negotiations' are competed, we shall see German car makers, French and Italian vintners, etc, pressing for their own deals and arrangements.

More than anything, and for the good of all involved, I should really like to see the EU collapse completely, to be replaced by an apolitical free trade organisation which was, of course, the original intention.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 03:57 PM

Well, as far as I am concerned, the EU 27 have fallen into line with what the EU leaders want, to punish us for leaving, out of fear for two main reasons. One, when we leave the bloc, the EU will face a net loss of 10 billion euro's per year, a great deal of money which will have to come from elsewhere, but those that the EU will be holding out their money satchel to for payment, will still expect to receive as much as they did before Brexit. namely, the other 27 states! Is it any wonder they back the EU's stance in blackmailing the UK into for so much more than the so-called commitments up to 2020 when their budget ends. The more money they can extort from us upon leaving, the longer they will be able to put off discussions with the other 27 regarding their individual future financial obligations to the bloc.

Plus of course, some of the 27 have their own internal problems dealing with parties that also yearn for freedom from this undemocratic organization.

The EU negotiating team, contrary to what remainers may believe, must be absolutely bricking it, but have no choice but to continue on their S..t or Bust quest to make us pay up big time as an example to the others that this is what will happen to them if they try to leave.

Of course, I have to admit that TM's election result has not helped one iota. Her political clout is so much weaker than before. I should imagine that the EU is not convinced by any tough words from her now, And that includes the famous "no deal is better than a bad deal". but don't let that fool anyone into believing that Barnier and his team hold all the cards. Both sides seem to be in a prickly, defensive mode at the moment and there seems to be a great deal of posturing too, but flexibility has to come in some time.

David Davis to his credit, is doing the job he has been given to do in there.
But unless and until the EU understand that we will not pay a penny more other than for commitments we agreed to before the Brexit vote, and not these plucked from the air silly figures that Barnier is convinced he can make us pay in order to move on with the negotiations, the better.

Go David !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Hi

I have just been listening to David Davies' update in Parliament.

Even the Government MPs cannot agree what they want from Brexit.

Labour are all out to sabotage the Repeal Bill, if not this week, then by putting lots of amendments forward later to hold it up.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 06:06 PM

And amongst all the doom and gloom:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...n=Brexit_email
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

05-09-2017, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
And amongst all the doom and gloom:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politi...n=Brexit_email
Hi

He is suggesting we join EFTA, which we have already ruled out.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2017, 08:19 PM

OK, I understand. I'd better explain.

Flagellation, necrophilia, bestiality = flogging a dead horse.
perhaps it might have helped if you had looked up the meaning of "necrophilia" and "bestiality". Both definitions include sexual intercourse. Hence my confusion at your cryptic contribution.

OK, I understand. I'd better explain.

To explain even further, I was suggesting that you remainiacs continue to whinge about having lost the referendum, but that won't make any difference. You lost. Accept it.

Even better, try to support Brexit for the common good of us all in this country. If you feel you cannot support a democratic decision, at least stop moaning about it.

So thank you for the explanation that you were complaining and having a moan. Not giving an opinion as such. Not sure why you feel threatened by my views as I can't do anything to influence what happens. I'm merely giving predictions of how I see it going given what we know about our "efficient" way of doing things.

As I've said more than once, I have no doubt that the powers that be will not let the "sky fall in" as you often quip but that common sense will prevail. Isn't that how chaos theory works after all. In between then and now (whenever "then" might be), we can expect confusion, political discord and financial disarray.

Page 12 of 22 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top