Join for free
Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 04:42 PM

Re: Barmier: "The EU will not move one millimetre"

I think it was worse than that. The pensions disappeared. They also top sliced bank accounts.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Hi

I despair, I really do.

The facts are the facts, we cannot change them.

There are no savings from leaving now, even taking away our payments to the EU, we are down £30 Billion a year already.

This is not what I voted for, I am disgusted by the mess we are in.

It was totally avoidable.

We are now faced by massive Tax rises or even more Austerity.

I am very surprised by your attitude to this Julie.

I do not want any more Austerity.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 06:24 PM

I´m surprised by the attitudes of many here. For sure those of us who have had our careers, own our homes, and no longer have to look for work, most likely won´t be as badly affected as those who do and those who will have to in the future.

I admit I am at a loss to understand just how this is going to be good for the country and the people who have to survive in it. So, as many keep saying, you get to keep, or gain your sovereignty.....what help is that going to be? Is it going to put a roof over peoples heads, or food on the table, and what exactly is it?

I admit the attitudes of some people really do astound me, it really does seem to be "I´m alright Jack, the hell with the rest of you".

Whether people like the EU or not, I don´t think many people here have done too badly whilst being in it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 07:13 PM

I agree clumsy. It reminds me of the monty python knight sketch : "it's only a flesh wound". "What are you gonna do, bleed on me?" etc.

You just don't leave a trading block when you have no strategy, no plan and when you've been in it so long that everything you do is somehow connected.

I read today that Ryanair are just going to stop all services in march 2019 if the government don't pull their finger out. Because we won't be able to fly planes to EU states or over the Eu unless the government makes an agreement to do so. Pretty nutty eh?

How much more stupid does this have to get before the government realises that you don't just go into such a change cold?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
They would be asylum cases, immigrants don't get housing you have to be an asylum seeker to get anything.
You mean those 'children' who came here recently...

complete with beards.

Even so, shouldn't asylum seekers (who also have contributed nothing) be handed free housing, etc, before our own ex-servicemen who, let me remind you, have put their lives on the line for our country.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I agree clumsy. It reminds me of the monty python knight sketch : "it's only a flesh wound". "What are you gonna do, bleed on me?" etc.

You just don't leave a trading block when you have no strategy, no plan and when you've been in it so long that everything you do is somehow connected.

I read today that Ryanair are just going to stop all services in march 2019 if the government don't pull their finger out. Because we won't be able to fly planes to EU states or over the Eu unless the government makes an agreement to do so. Pretty nutty eh?

How much more stupid does this have to get before the government realises that you don't just go into such a change cold?
Does the Gov't have any alternative?
The result of the referendum wasn't in doubt and the Gov't have to deliver the result of that plebiscite.

The EU 'won't move one millimetre' because, like you, they are paralysed with fear
Fear is a very powerful emotion. It can make you spring into decisive action and save you or it can paralyse you and destroy you.
The EU and the majority of Remainers fall in to the latter category..

As for Ryanair...I really don't care what the horrid, little egotistical arse that runs it thinks. If Ryanair went out of business tomorrow the world would be a far better place.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I admit I am at a loss to understand just how this is going to be good for the country and the people who have to survive in it. So, as many keep saying, you get to keep, or gain your sovereignty.....what help is that going to be?
Perhaps you should look ahead a little further.

The longer we remain under the jackboot, the more liberty we lose.

Are you sure you know where it will end? Seventy years ago, Poland and others lost their sovereignty. Where did that lead?

Certain people being used as slave labour, sent to concentration camps or even gas chambers?

Of course, it may never come to that; the Germans, it is said, have 'learnt their lesson'. Nevertheless, I'd rather be governed by people I have the opportunity to vote for, and not foreigners that 27 out of 28 nations can elect to override my wishes.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2017, 08:05 PM

Stupid people that could not see further than the end of their noses have caused this problem.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

31-08-2017, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->

How do you know that our government doesn't have a strategy? Because they haven't explained it to you?

Ryanair stopping all services has got to be a good thing, surely?
And we shall not be allowed to fly planes to or over EU countries, eh? I'd say that the reciprocal restrictions might cause the EU nations at least as much inconvenience. Look at a map and note the necessary detours in order to fly to America or even Ireland.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

31-08-2017, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
Does the Gov't have any alternative?
The result of the referendum wasn't in doubt and the Gov't have to deliver the result of that plebiscite.

The EU 'won't move one millimetre' because, like you, they are paralysed with fear
Fear is a very powerful emotion. It can make you spring into decisive action and save you or it can paralyse you and destroy you.
The EU and the majority of Remainers fall in to the latter category..

As for Ryanair...I really don't care what the horrid, little egotistical arse that runs it thinks. If Ryanair went out of business tomorrow the world would be a far better place.

The economic system we are in doesn't care for emotions Moscow. Something many here fail to understand. It's like the weather, something we cannot control but can predict if we pay attention. The money markets have already reacted by devaluing sterling. If we don't sort out the skies agreement it will affect our trade with other countries who want to land here after flying over europe. Whatever you think of o'leary he is speaking plain sense. He doesn't give a toss for our sovereignty, he cares for his profits.

I am certainly hoping that fear will mobilise the government to sort out the mess they have gotten into. That's why I said in my earlier post that I don't believe the government will allow disaster to happen. But given May's comments today, and the reactions she is not in control of the government. That's the worst case scenario during such a difficult time.

Page 4 of 22 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top