Join for free
Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:44 PM

Re: And Still They Try To Thwart Democracy!!

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
What you say is fine in theory, and on the face of it I would go along with what you say

But being of a suspicious & cynical nature I am of the opinion that Farron & the Remoaners are not acting out of any genuine concern for democracy or co-operation for the good of the country; they are simply using procedures to delay and subvert Brexit as much as possible
In the light of all the lies and lack of awareness of procedure and the unimagined tangle of legal and economic disasters that can happen, he is speaking for at least almost half the voters.

More importantly
He is also thankfully speaking for 500 years of constitutional law. Without it the UK is open to tyranny.
Thank goodness someone is in this manic mob rush to make one of the most profound decisions in British history.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:44 PM

Company I work for are saying in or out they just need to know it's the uncertainty killing them. It's the uncertainty that's causing the problems for most people IMO not being either in or out. Liberal democrats, not that these lot are either liberal or democratic are causing more uncertainty. Deliberately harming companies and the country.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I have to disagree SF inasmuch I don't believe we are in a mess, and even without the migrant crisis and Cameron's dire "renegotiations" ( quite obvious to all and sudry just a pathetic ruse), I feel a huge relief that the oppressive years of being ruled by an arrogant, incompetent, unelected elite will soon be behind us.
Hi

Apologies if I did not make myself clear, the mess I was talking about is the mess that is the EU at the moment.

The EU is run for the benefit of France, Germany and Luxembourg, a situation which could have been avoided if our previous Governments had been stronger.
Flicker
France
Flicker is female  Flicker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I can't help but believe that remainiacs like Farron and Flicker are only interested in keeping us under the EU thumb, one way or another.

To be perfectly honest, I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with these people who cannot accept a legally determined decision on the part of the electorate. It's no good moaning that a lot of people didn't vote: that was their decision. Perhaps they were particularly uninterested in the matter, but the remainiacs are convinced that, had they voted, they would all have voted against Brexit.

All this arguing and complaining on their part is doing nothing but delaying the inevitable return to our sovereignty and, whilst they're at it, the only thing they are succeeding in is making things worse for the country in the long run.

The EU is bound to collapse naturally before very much longer: all empires suffer that fate. So why dither unnecessarily and continue to damage what we still have?
Simple really...ou decided in a non binding referendum to leave.
Leave if you wish but you will have to do it LEGALLY.

ans that I am afraid will take a bit longer than you imagined.

Leaving without due regard for the Constitution will certainly make it worse for the country since such decisions become precedents. If in future some govt is elected it can the do whatever it likes with no reference to Parliament.
Reminds one of some African states...
So perhaps if you stop stamping your feet and be patient you will get what you want...maybe.
Flicker
France

12-11-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Company I work for are saying in or out they just need to know it's the uncertainty killing them. It's the uncertainty that's causing the problems for most people IMO not being either in or out. Liberal democrats, not that these lot are either liberal or democratic are causing more uncertainty. Deliberately harming companies and the country.
It is what the country voted for.
Just that they didn't understand what that meant.
Why should any MP ignore illegal and important constitutional process because 52% of 72% of the population had a hissy fit?

If Leavers had understood better what was the probable legal outcomes your company would not be in limbo.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Flicker ->
Why should any MP ignore illegal and important constitutional process because 52% of 72% of the population had a hissy fit?

If Leavers had understood better what was the probable legal outcomes your company would not be in limbo.
Hi

A storm in a teacup, very simple to remedy, just pass a resolution in Parliament.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 04:03 PM

You have a very long way to go. I would get used to crossing your fingers and holding your breath.
Please read that article carefully. You are not just leaving...you are breaking an international treaty. You don't just walk out of the door because 4% of a population says so on the day.

4% ?
Some will go to any lengths to twist the facts.
Or perhaps it's just poor maths.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 04:07 PM

If Leavers had understood better what was the probable legal outcomes your company would not be in limbo
I find that rather patronising Flicker, assuming that those who voted to leave didn't understand what their vote might mean.
Some perhaps, I did and anticipated a bit of uncertainty, maybe a rise in prices a sacrifice I was prepared to make for my freedom and that of my grandchildren

If those who voted to remain would stop trying to thwart the will of the majority there would be a lot less 'uncertainty'.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 04:49 PM

Im sure both Germany and Luxembourg will weather Brexit. France seems to be the country with much to lose over our departure. Civil disobedience and many more strikes could follow. As there are those already there who feel the same.

Add in having to pay more for its keep and migrant unrest, i would venture the future may not be that bright.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2016, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Im sure both Germany and Luxembourg will weather Brexit. France seems to be the country with much to lose over our departure. Civil disobedience and many more strikes could follow. As there are those already there who feel the same.

Add in having to pay more for its keep and migrant unrest, i would venture the future may not be that bright.
Unlike USA where the futures orange. Sorry bad joke I know but I couldn't resist

Page 3 of 43 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top