Join for free
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 12:58 PM

Re: Wimbledon.

I like watching the tennis but the soft thud thud and July warmth usually put me to sleep
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I like watching the tennis but the soft thud thud and July warmth usually put me to sleep
Dont forget the bucket of Pims.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:21 PM

Not my cuppa tea at all.
I agree though about when did Judy Murray become a star in her own right.Pushy woman
Still look on the bright side there has been very little rain of late [which my garden do with sorely] so it is bound to rain in Wimbledon fortnight.
LOL,LOL
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 01:33 PM

I love Wimbledon, I love tennis! 🎾

I'll be watching it as much as possible.

A football match lasts 90 minutes and a good tennis match can last 4 - 5 hours with just a 2 minute break every few games. I would say that takes a lot more skill and stamina than kicking or running with a ball for 80 - 90 minutes

Come on Andy!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Why does it have to invade every darn channel and disrupte every planned programme expect the awful eastenders?

All to watch two people grunt at a small yellow ball ..
So glad I have cable /smart tv so I can escape it.
It's only on BBC isn't it?

In the past, my big problem was that it was on at the same time as Henley Regatta

The screens at Henley only show ..... Regatta

Nadal's looking very fast and strong.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by rhosyn ->
The two weeks of tennis start today.I for one love this,sorry to those who don't!
Well I'm with you Rhosyn. I've been looking forward to it. We went a few years ago and although it was good for the experience, we would much rather watch it on TV.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 04:52 PM

Hi

When I was married I used to love Wimbledon.

The Ex was glued to the TV, the sheer bliss of it,

Two weeks peace and quiet.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Well I'm with you Rhosyn. I've been looking forward to it. We went a few years ago and although it was good for the experience, we would much rather watch it on TV.
Oooooooo ... we nearly went one year, to queue and see if we could get in.
That was before they had big screens and 'Henman's Hill'

I would have loved to see Bjorn playing *drools* and yes the overall experience would have been good.

We were all set to go and the clutch cable in the camper went
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-07-2017, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Oooooooo ... we nearly went one year, to queue and see if we could get in.
That was before they had big screens and 'Henman's Hill'

I would have loved to see Bjorn playing *drools* and yes the overall experience would have been good.

We were all set to go and the clutch cable in the camper went
It's ok if you are lucky enough to get tickets to one of the good matches but we got women's doubles and were sat at the back. Plus you miss out on any commentary.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

03-07-2017, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It's ok if you are lucky enough to get tickets to one of the good matches but we got women's doubles and were sat at the back. Plus you miss out on any commentary.
Oh yuk ... women's ping-pong

I no longer get freebie tickets for the Henley 'posh' enclosure.

Wimbledon on TV will suffice

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top