Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 07:18 AM

Absolutely fascinating

Ever wondered why your camera created really weird shapes when photographing a moving object? think of a propeller or a wheel.

This video explains it in a brilliant way - well worth watching - so easy to understand the way it is demonstrated here.

Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 08:56 AM

Re: Absolutely fascinating

I learned long ago wait for the action to stop before taking a shot, so I've got hundreds of pictures of sleeping dogs

But yes fascinating, I think I learned about it in physics but that was so long ago I can only really remember the teacher and the person I sat next to.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2017, 09:08 AM

Re: Absolutely fascinating

This rolling shutter effect really only applies to quite fast moving objects I think. Though come to think of it my dash cam makes my windscreen wipers look curved.

The old film SLRs had a similar effect caused by the shutter blinds moving horizontally across the film forming a slot (depending on shutter speed selected) and who can forget those panorama cameras used for taking whole of school photos where the lens moved slowly from left to right - at least one person would try to run from one side to the other behind the assembled company so (s)he appeared twice in the shot.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top