Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 11:59 AM

Mobile phones at Wimbledon

Any one noticed just how many people are on their phones in the crowd? Some look like they are texting, some look like they are speaking and some look like they are recording the whole match. Why would anyone want to do that? Would you want to watch the whole thing again later?

It seems pointless to me to pay all that money to get to centre court only to sit there using my phone.

Perhaps they are on the internet trying to find out the score.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 12:24 PM

Re: Mobile phones at Wimbledon

Odd if I'd got a ticket I think I'd be riveted by the match, sadly though some can't actually concentrate that long these days they are used to being entertained constantly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Odd if I'd got a ticket I think I'd be riveted by the match, sadly though some can't actually concentrate that long these days they are used to being entertained constantly.
It is odd isn't it. I just watched three young friends go past my house .... all on their phones.
Dobra
Isle of Wight GB
Dobra is male  Dobra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 01:07 PM

GB will have the world record number of hunchbacks, looking youth hunched over their mobies
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

07-07-2017, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dobra ->
GB will have the world record number of hunchbacks, looking youth hunched over their mobies
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 01:11 PM

I don't think uk is alone in this. Entire generation can't amuse themselves without technology.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Any one noticed just how many people are on their phones in the crowd? Some look like they are texting, some look like they are speaking and some look like they are recording the whole match. Why would anyone want to do that? Would you want to watch the whole thing again later?

It seems pointless to me to pay all that money to get to centre court only to sit there using my phone.

Perhaps they are on the internet trying to find out the score.
Very odd LD , if I am watching something like tennis it demands my whole concentration with no distractions.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 03:22 PM

I dontlook even want to watch it once!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2017, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I dontlook even want to watch it once!
If by that sentence you mean you don't watch tennis at all...I'm in complete agreement!!

What a boring sport. Or does cricket take that prize? Or golf? Or gymnastics? Or Olympics?

Ye gads, I hate them all!!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

08-07-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Very odd LD , if I am watching something like tennis it demands my whole concentration with no distractions.
Years ago, I used to video my holidays but I found that I was only experiencing them when I played them back and was missing out on the moment, so I stopped doing it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top