Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 04:56 PM

Re: No Deal is better than a Bad Deal.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Mantra of Theresa May.

We are drifting towards this, our Bluff is being called.

No deal means 80% of our Exports to the EU, which are Services, are lost.

A huge financial loss.

We are not playing hard ball, we have said we will not cut Corporation Tax and become a Tax Haven like Ireland and Luxembourg.

We are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
We can spout all the BS we want whilst negotiating. Once we leave we can do whatever we want.

Listening to all those snowflakes on the news, bemoaning how worried they are about the government taking powers back from the EU in what they claim is a power grab!!
It's such hypocrisy it makes me larf! Where were they all when the EU took thousands of our laws without a by-your-leave? not one of them opened their big mouths then did they? there were no worried politicans eager to be seen on our screens claiming a power grab by a foreign body, apart from just one loyal person. Nigel Farrage.

You may well mock him, but to me he had more honesty in his little finger about what was happening to us than these morons who are now more worried about their own interests than the well-being of the people.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
The only reason I said prior to election I was going to vote Tory was because I don't think labour will bring us out cleanly. I found on the day my hand wouldn't do it though it was like I had no control over the pen it zoomed down to the labour candidate !
Therein lies the problem. I shall say no more out of politeness.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
We can spout all the BS we want whilst negotiating. Once we leave we can do whatever we want.

...there were no worried politicans eager to be seen on our screens claiming a power grab by a foreign body, apart from just one loyal person. Nigel Farrage.

You may well mock him, but to me he had more honesty in his little finger about what was happening to us than these morons who are now more worried about their own interests than the well-being of the people.
There is the crux of the matter: we can do whatever we want. How we ever signed that away I cannot understand. It was like Clement Attlee signing away our freedom to Hitler. Thank God more sensible minds prevailed then.

And Nigel Farage. I am sure that, although he comes in for a great deal of unfounded criticism and derision these days, I believe that in the future, hopefully even within my lifetime, wise counsels will prevail and people will at last see that he was instrumental in obtaining our independence once again. No wonder he has chosen to look for pastures new, when the people he has been fighting for have turned their backs on him. We don't deserve him.
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-09-2017, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

The Mantra of Theresa May.

We are drifting towards this, our Bluff is being called.

No deal means 80% of our Exports to the EU, which are Services, are lost.

A huge financial loss.

We are not playing hard ball, we have said we will not cut Corporation Tax and become a Tax Haven like Ireland and Luxembourg.

We are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.
No Deal is better than a Bad Deal......Hard to argue with that tbh.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
No Deal is better than a Bad Deal......Hard to argue with that tbh.
Hi

If we were ready to leave, then yes.

However we are not and hence having to ask nicely for a Transition Deal.

Transition Deals mean we will have to pay the EU.

We are not negotiating from a position on strength, we are having to ask for a favour.

Theresa May has been invited to address the EU Parliament in Open Session.

She has declined, she wants instead to address them in private.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 10:04 AM

Don't blame her if I was her I would head for the hills.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 10:08 AM

After hearing it yesterday I think she made the right decision, where do they get off talking about our politicians like that ! Unstable indeed, he looked more stable and certainly more professional than the twit calling him unstable !
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 10:23 AM

Hi

Maggie went and spoke to them direct, so did others.

To my mind, not going is a sign of weakness.

As far as insults are concerned, we are no different to them.

It is a pity we do not have grown ups on both sides.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Shame that we had so called "grown ups" that got us into this mess by voting to leave.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2017, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by purwell ->
good idea let's all starve to death.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top