Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 11:37 AM

Brexit Department & Civil Servants.

Seems the civil servants are not too keen on working in David Davis's department and have been leaving in droves.

I wonder why???

Perhaps 'Realist' can provide a definitive answer???

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7967156.html
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 11:45 AM

Re: Brexit Department & Civil Servants.

I think many civil servants wanted to stay in Eu that can't help with keeping staff happy. Also they have a natural process of moving through these departments to get experience and move up the ladder. I see that is mentioned in the article.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I think many civil servants wanted to stay in Eu that can't help with keeping staff happy. Also they have a natural process of moving through these departments to get experience and move up the ladder. I see that is mentioned in the article.

That Julie accounts for a small proportion of those leaving, but not all - still waiting for 'Realist' to come up with the scumbag 'nasty party' 'spin' on these statistics!!!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 12:30 PM

Hi

I can suggest a reason why.

It is rotation, when a big project is underway, people with relevant expertise and experience are drafted in to deal with a particular aspect of that project as and when required.

They are transferred in and out as necessary.

There are over 30 Civil Service Departments, plus Local Government Agencies and Professional Bodies involved.

There are literally tens of thousands of things involved in Brexit Negotiations, some highly technical but with Financial Implications.

One of my Ex Colleagues is advising on Food Standards Compliance, another on Air Quality Certification.

I have not been Re Employed, I have no intention of doing so.

However many are doing very short term work on specifics, with a fee being paid.

Twenty Years or so ago, I was Lead Officer on Code Mapping for a computer system, which amongst other things, involved Immigration.

In the event of a Hard Brexit, this will need to be redefined.

I have given my input to this.

My Ex Boss, who is younger than me, and ,early retired, is working full time on some technical aspects of Brexit.

She was Compulsory Retired , so is stinging them.

I hope this helps and explains the situation.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 12:44 PM

Hi

Apologies, I have just seen the previous replies.

I can assure you that many Government Employees did not want to stay in the EU, but are fuming at the incompetence of our Politicians in dealing with it.

Theresa May is a nightmare to deal with, Boris is a total self centered idiot.

When it comes to the practicalities of the situation, Boris makes Dianne Abbot look like Stephen Hawkings.

Boris is only interested in one thing, becoming the next PM.

He is a liar and a cheat, and he can sue me from here to Kingdom come with all his money and flash Lawyers and I will beat him.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 01:40 PM

That's interesting I assumed from things that had leaked that civil servants are pro eu. But I accept that's most likely flawed information. Many leaks are I think.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-09-2017, 02:16 PM

Hi

Our Government are hiring in Lawyers at £8000 retainers plus £2000 a day, plus VAT and Expenses.

These lawyers require Information.

They cannot work without it.

The Government are offering £35 an hour to those they have sacked with a 20% reduction in Pension.

Is it any surprise they are being told to Naff Off?

The lawyers are paying £135 an hour for the same information and paying tax and NI on top.

They are charging the Government £375 an hour in expenses.

That is the stupidity of the system.

My Ex is on £2000 a day, plus Expenses, a total of over £ 5000 a day for information which would cost £1350 a day direct.

Sheer madness.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2017, 02:50 PM

I wouldn't want to work for him either

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top